RR.L 10-to-3 Rights Issue

Rolls Royce plans a 10-3 rights issue for a 41% discount.

1 Like

Got some time in hand thoughā€¦ end of October things start to happen:

Indicative summary timetable

• Record Date for entitlements under the Rights Issue

• Close of business on 23 October 2020

• Deadline for proxy appointments for General Meeting

• 11.00 a.m. on 25 October 2020

• General Meeting

• 11.00 a.m. on 27 October 2020

• Despatch of Provisional Allotment Letters (to Qualifying Non-CREST Shareholders only)

• 27 October 2020

• Existing Ordinary Shares marked ā€œex-rightsā€ by the London Stock Exchange

• 8:00 a.m. on 28 October 2020

• Admission of, and dealings in, Nil Paid Rights commence on the London Stock Exchange

• 8:00 a.m. on 28 October 2020

• Latest time and date for acceptance, payment in full and registration of renunciation of Provisional Allotment Letters

• 11:00 a.m. on 11 November 2020

• Announcement of the results of the Rights Issue through a Regulatory Information Service

• By 8:00 a.m. on 12 November 2020

• Dealings in New Ordinary Shares, fully paid, commence on the London Stock Exchange

• 8:00 a.m. on 12 November 2020

3 Likes

Thanks @Finki
Really hope this stops the RR share price from plummeting, although I assume it will drop even further (at 115p at time of writing) just like the IAG shares did following their rights issue.
W.

It simply has to fall ā€¦ there is very little way around itā€¦ a 10/3 issue at a discount = rr. falls. Somewhere theyā€™ll disclose a TERPā€¦ or i could calculate itā€¦ BUT Iā€™M DRUNK :woozy_face:

What is a Terp. Is it like a turnip?

Sadly not

Itā€™s the approximate (given the prevailing winds) that RR will fall to (price wise) post distribution of the Rights.

Or to be accurate the Theoretical Ex Rights Price

Since the number of shares in issue changes ā€¦ for a lower priceā€¦ etc etcā€¦

1 Like

Finki Iā€™ve never been involved in a rights issue and forgive me for being such a novice but am I right in assuming, if we use IAG for an example. Your better off just buying shares after RI as price falls further anyway (most of the time?) That being if you want to avoid dilution.

Why does this tend to happen, surely IAG getting equity is only a good thing?

If we donā€™t buy into the rights issue wonā€™t we be diluted 76~%? This being the case itā€™s probably worth investing if you still believe in RR?

Please critique me if Iā€™m wrong which I probably am.

@Finki

Yes and no and maybe :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Iā€™m a RR. holder and Iā€™ll take up all my rights.
The price will fall but Iā€™ll average out at approximately the TERP then ā€˜normalā€™ supply/demand/ā€˜logicā€™ will resume and weā€™ll see which way the SP goes. If T212 actually credited the Rights to my account then Iā€™d happily trade them and potentially take up more. But they (probably) wonā€™t. But I will on other ā€˜fullerā€™ brokerage platforms - outside of my isa! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thatā€™s not a critique.

Like I said - Iā€™m trying to stay away from being some form of educator of Rights Issues. DYOR

But for nowā€¦and definitely after Ex-rights dateā€¦ DownšŸ‘‡ There is literally no other things for the SP to do when marked ExRights sometime later this month

Understand.

The fact you hold RR assures me a little more.

I will also be taking up my rights.

I nearly always take up any Rights issued

If your original reason for investing still holds and You donā€™t want to be diluted or take the lapsed rights cash proceeds

Thatā€™s not to say you should

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ve just remortgaged and have the funds on standby.

Joke.

Hello all.

I also own Rolls stock, so we will definitely be able to use the rights issue on 212 is that correct?

I have 3k shares so I am looking to get 10,000 at 32p it this is possible, I know a few on HL have already received a message regarding the rights issue.
Iā€™m rather new to 212, so hoping for a smooth operation?

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Will trading 212 offer us the rights to get the stock at 32p? Hargreaves landsdown have already sent an email out to shareholders, is it simple with trading 212? I want to buy all that I can.

T212 are historically a little, er, slower at getting the messages outā€¦ hang tightā€¦ itā€™ll be with you soonā€¦maybe!!!

Andā€¦in fairness, HL likely emailed about the ā€œmeetingā€ to approve the Rights Issue and the opportunity to vote on the action. Canā€™t imagine T212 doing this. Therefore T212 will notify you when the event is official and actually going ahead sometime much later this month.

Yeah, HL notification was the meetingā€¦ hereā€™s the textā€¦
Vote on whether the rights issue goes ahead

Rolls-Royce has announced plans to allow shareholders at the end of 27 October 2020 to buy 10 new shares for every 3 existing shares at a price of 32p per share.

This is called a rights issue and itā€™s a common way for companies to raise money.

Itā€™s not decided whether the rights issue will go ahead yet. But as a shareholder, you can vote for or against these plans below. Please do so by <span class=ā€œtmce_boldā€>noon 21 October 2020. 

<span class=ā€œtmce_boldā€>Voting isnā€™t a request to take up the rights. If the rights issue goes ahead, weā€™ll be in contact with more details on how to take part.

1 Like

But they are the same as say Hargreaves landsdown right?

In terms of I am not going to miss out on anything?

Thank you, as said all a little new to me.

You are missing nothing, as OFFICIALLY at least nothing has been decidedā€¦ the Rights Issue will be passed or rejected at the meeting coming soon

Same Ords, same Rights

Any ideaā€™s when the shareholders are like to get the invitation for the vote?

Via T212 you wonā€™t ā€¦ or at least very unlikely

Does anyone whoā€™s taken part in a rights issue with t212 before know if you were able to take up the rights partially or is it all or nothing

I took part in the IAG rights issue and unfortunately it was all or nothing.