Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

How do I adjust the settings to show me 200 moving average? (In app)

Do I have to be on daily chart to do that?

Ok so nothing to drastic then just a temporary dip

If youā€™re referring to economic super power then they a possibility China could become on top or maybe dropped down to itā€™s knees.

Am not anti China but the West made China what it is today by moving manufacturing over there in their drive for cheap labour.

It would only take the west to invest in a place like Africa by proving basic infrastructures like electricity and water. Once that is done, Africa can supply far cheaper labour than the rest of the world.

A $2 - $4 per hour wages in Africa would go a long way to alleviate poverty and still provide companies with cheap labour, the world will be better off imo

1 Like

cheap labour means nothing to companies if they canā€™t meet their quantity demands. and unlike china, africa doesnā€™t have the infrastructure for the cheap production, nor the speedy delivery.

china made itself appealing to bring in the manufacturing revenue. africa isnā€™t capable of that either. wages are only a fraction of the total costs involved :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The 200 just means a moving average based on the previous 200 data points. So 200 on 1min is the last 200 mins etc

The key ones 20/50/100/200 to show the various short term to long term trends.

If you are holding for long periods you need to be looking at days, and weeks.

For swings the 15mins/1hr.

For day trading 1min and 5min.

I tend to use EMA (over SMA) where the newer price data has more impact.

In the app or desktop tap on Indicators then EMA and change period (the default is 14)

I tend to stick to

20 purple
50 green
100 yellow
200 red

and the thickness to 2 to help my eyes.

The key one for me is also RSI to help with buying and selling, easy to see above 70 sell signal and below 30 buy signal.

3 Likes

I agree but the West built quality, speedy delivery and everything you could think of into China. All china could offer in the beginning was cheap labor, China used to be a poverty stricken country and also in terms of geography, Africa has a closer proximity to the west than China. So for the same level of infrastructures Africa would deliver faster. The West just needs to invest in Africa and tap into huge dormant resources- labour, mineral, climate etc.

It is the same reason why many people donā€™t want to invest in start up companies but the greatest reward for any investor is to invest in an Amazon start up before it becomes Amazon

You should be teaching mate, big kudos!

1 Like

I donā€™t feel I know enough to do that confidently.

I should add to that you need to look at multiple things too when looking at charts. They only tell you what happened, so future can only be taken with a pinch. But it does help to say yup itā€™s over sold, under the moving average, the MACD looks ready to curl etc

News can disrupt the balance, so itā€™s always a case do go DD and keep in the know.

Still Iā€™m not going to be in BABA but interested where it goes. I think itā€™s big enough to win any fights.

Over 300 in the next 6 months, probably.

1 Like

You mean like what China is doing in Africa?!

Very important on the news front, and BABA reiterated this as well. Purely on a chart basis it would a bit of a traders dream

Sorry mate but that is absolute rubbish. UK got its wealth from stealing others, Hong Kong was stolen from China only 100+ years ago, so the wealth built in Hong Kong should really have been Chinas not UKs. This is one small example.

Also have any people here even lived in China? Their tech industry is leaps and bound ahead of UK, only matched by US, China still has cheaper labour sure, but it also has lots of the best minds in tech/science etc. Also Chinas economy will over take US in a few years, read almost any in the know analyst they tell you this.

As someone pointed our above, China is already using this cheaper labour in Africa, China is our equal not a 3rd world country like your making it out to be.

1 Like

The world wars will tell you how much ā€œstealingā€ the UK has done historically we have ended up in debt paying for the mess others created.

If Great Britain took from other countries it would be to pay back the wealth it generated, it has never been a pirate like China has become.

If you go through all the countries Great Britain has made a suceess of, the top 20 economies would be all down to it.

Such a bad country that none of our terroritories want to leave! Asia canā€™t get away from China quick enough Whereā€™s the comparison!

Thats really troubling reasoning, large parts of USA/UK wealth was generated through the years based on slave labour (mostly african but also asian) and also from invading countries. Hong Kong for example was annexed at various points from China due to things such as, UK needed to bring tea from China but China wasnt wanting any of our goods, so UK started loading opium into China and getting people addicted, China (quite rightly) didnt want this so fought back and tried to stop it, so we went to war with them.

Please tell me for how these opium wars were UK ā€˜helpingā€™ Chinaā€¦

In short, you cant invade a country with force, make some business there through abuse then claim you have enriched that society. Also please dont confuse China with CCP, two linked but different things.

1 Like

can we avoid causing an off-topic argument like this in the forums?

1 Like

Yes I would like that, but equally cannot ignore racist or xenophobic comments so if moderators can control that would be great.

BABA to the MOOOOOOOOOOON

Iā€™ve not said anything racist?
Everything in this world was built on corruption and you canā€™t ignore the roots of the flowers that bloom from it.
Would China be what it is today without the western world? Simple answer no

Iā€™m not condoning anything that was done, but itā€™s in the past where it belongs.

Funny you mention racism though and then say China how are the Uyghur Muslims?

You forgot few :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for some baba rockets

ONLY 5? Surely 500, one for every $ BABA worth in 2021 :smiley: you and me hoovering up all the weak hands :star_struck: