Sell price is higher than my stock average, yet I'm still in red

@Team212
Can I please draw your attention to this.
Sell price is 1.748 per share, my average is 1.725, but I am still showing in red.
Am I missing something?

??? This has confused me. The average price of your shares are 1.725 and the sell price is 1.748. So the price of your shares is currently less than the sell price? So surely you should be in the red?

Does seem odd, for sure. Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Might be some sort of UI glitch? If not, @Martin, @David, @George, and @PeterA, are you able to offer up any clues for @Andy? :crossed_fingers:

I’d be keen to know what the issue is as mine did the same today on RTO.

Mine is like this on a few. I assume it is the exchange rate of the pound and dollar changing since they were bought

Usually, yes. However, the account and stock is in GBP.

Thanks. There are no issues at this moment, as prices have moved further down. Does look like it has corrected itself once figures have changed.
Would be still interesting as to know why this can happen. As others pointed out, it is a UK stock, so no exchange rate to be taken to consideration here.

Sell price is higher.
1.748 per 103000 shares is ÂŁ1,800.44. That should have been the sale price.
I bought them for 1.725, so paid ÂŁ1,776.75.
So theoretically, once sold I should have made ÂŁ23.69.
But on the screenshot it shows that I would be losing ÂŁ26.78 if sold everything at that point.

By saying RED, I meant that it is minus certain amount, I.e. down when it should be up.
Hopefully, this clears all the confusion.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem unless iv massively missed something can anyone help?

You’re not having the same problem, your average price is p3.40 and the current sell price is p3.35. So there is a p0.05 difference. Multiply that by your 1912 shares is a 95.6p loss, which is what you’re seeing

Shouldn’t it be 3.60 as shown in the graphic?

@Schaun All stocks have buy and sell price.

See the sell price at the very bottom of that picture. These lower liquidity stocks have a bigger spread between the buy price and the sell price, making it harder to breakeven and get into a profit, as it shoves you into a big loss immediately. More liquid stocks (Apple, Amazon etc.) will have a very tiny spread, so it doesn’t really affect your profit

Cheers thank you, I’m still very new to it all

1 Like

It’s ok, we all have to learn! If you’re holding long term, the spread won’t be that big of a deal, but if you’re holding it short term, you need to account for it because you’re automatically losing a bit of money just for buying the stock basically