Hello,
All attempts to get my account verified, have thus far, been to no avail. It would be greatly appreciated, should some look into this.

Many thanks

L James

Dear The Trading 212 Team,

Thank you ever so much for your reply.

Per your email dated, Wednesday, 16 September 2020, 20:27GMT, regarding further ID documentation, this matter has previously been discussed with your colleague, Teodosi G - Ref: “Request #133517”.

According to your documentation, many of your new applicants are successfully verified online. Thus, a hard credit search performed with Equifax, Thursday, 20 August 2020, was, I thought, a process to this end.

Moreover, I have been resident at the same address for 21 years and six months. I have (bank) accounts with both Lloyds bank, Barclays bank and a mortgage with the latter, the combined age of these accounts are approximately 63 years old. All of the aforementioned can be verified via respectively, the Electoral Register and the said credit reference agency, as well as Experian.

n.b. I was going to submit my most recent Barclays bank statement. However, I abstained from doing so for reasons of security, as sending such sensitive information over unsecured email would have been imprudent.

Finally, please refer to Teodosi G’s reply, pertaining to ID documentation:-

“Teodosi G. (Trading 212)

20 Aug 2020, 16:16 EEST

Greetings, Thank you for reaching out!

My name is Teodosi and I am part of the Customer Care team here at Trading 212, I hope this email finds you well!

I would like to inform you that the documents we are allowed to accept are a bank statement, tax document, utility bill, a landline/broadband/TV bill, or an address registration in your name.

Alternatively, you can provide an international passport, so that we can use your ID card as a Proof of Address.

Please do not hesitate to reach us should any further questions arise.

Kind regards,

Teodosi G. | Customer Care Hero“

Many thanks

L James

Personally, I would have no worry about sending a copy of my Barclays statement, utility bill or a document from HMRC. Such things are routinely sent by email and post and carry no information useful to a fraudster. (A fraudster has many other ways to learn your address and account number.) You can mark over with black ink the actual sums if you would rather your bank balance be private. They only need to see your address on an official document. The regulator sets these AML rules which Trading 212 must follow. It is not Trading 212 being inordinately difficult. Why not keep it simple and just send one of the many various documents that Trading 212 is allowed to accept?

@james.invest We’ve tried to verify your account automatically, using the electronic check. Yet, we didn’t match the data to confirm the authenticity of the provided details.

Our team will reach you further, and we’ll provide you with more information about what documents we will require. :mailbox:

Dear Richard W,

Thank you for your reply.

I am more that happy to forward to you, said bank statement. However, due to my concerns, would it be at all possible, for me to do so via your in-app portal?

Please let me know.

Many thanks

L James
n.b. As a responsible financial institution, I fully fathom that there are regulations by which you must abide. Thus, I do not contend for one moment, that you are attempting to make arduous, the application process for new applicants.

Good Morning Tony V,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Per attempts to verify my account electronically, could you please confirm whether a hard credit search with Equifax.co.uk, Thursday, 13 August 2020, performed by GB Group- Avus Capital, was done with your authorisation?

Many thanks

L James

@james.invest Yes, I confirm.

Morning Tony,

Thank you for the confirmation.

It would be greatly appreciated, should you advise of the discrepancy regarding verification. As I advised your colleague, Richard W, I have been resident at the same Address for over 21 years.

However, sometimes there are slight variances with my address as we share the same post code with another neighbouring area(, starting with W, my official area begins with: P, as can be seen on the Council Tax demand/schedule that I forwarded to you).

Many thanks

L James

I am not a Trading 212 staff person, just a client like you. I am glad to see @Tony.V is able to help. Many of us have had to send documents to verify address for our accounts.

Morning Richard W,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologies for that. I did not realise. I saw leader in your title and assumed team leader.

However, I appreciate you trying to help.

L James

Afternoon Tony V,

Per our earlier conversation, would it be possible to upload the relevant documents in accordance with Teodosi G’s email, dated, Friday, 21 August 2020, 15:02BST - (Email) Ref: “Request #133517”?

Please advise.

Many thanks

L James

Afternoon Trading 212 Verification Team,

Thank you for your recent replies.

However, it would be gratefully appreciated, should someone look into Teodosi G’s reply, dated: 20/08/2020, 1616 EEST - Ref: “Request #133517”.

I would merely like to know whether Teodosi G is correct or incorrect with the instructions/advice posited?

If Teodosi G is correct, then please permit me to submit those documents.

Finally, it would be appreciated should you advise whether you have received from me, the following documents:-
i. Current Council Tax Demand for Tax Year Ending: 2021.
ii. Experian Credit File - (Credit Search with Equifax has been performed).
iii. Electricity and Gas Utility Bill.

Many thanks

L James

@james.invest We need a valid ID document instead of proof of address. Please refer to the last email sent by our team.

Evening Tony V,

Thanks for replying.

Per my email correspondence with Teodosi G, dated: 20/08/2020, 16:16 EEST, where it was advised verbatim:-
“Dear Sir/Madam,

Would the submission of my Council Tax demand, Utility bill and last month’s bank statement, suffice, as both Identification and proof of address? I neither drive, nor own a passport.

Look forward to hearing from you.”

Teodosi G’s Reply verbatim:-
“ Greetings, Thank you for reaching out!

My name is Teodosi and I am part of the Customer Care team here at Trading 212, I hope this email finds you well!

I would like to inform you that the documents we are allowed to accept are a bank statement, tax document, utility bill, a landline/broadband/TV bill, or an address registration in your name.

Alternatively, you can provide an international passport, so that we can use your ID card as a Proof of Address.

Please do not hesitate to reach us should any further questions arise.

Kind regards,

Teodosi G. | Customer Care Hero”

Was this erroneous advice? Please advise.

Kind regards

L James

@james.invest Teo got confused - he thought that you’re referring explicitly about the POA requirements. Please excuse us for the misunderstanding.

We don’t require a proof of address document currently. To have your account verified, we will need an ID document.

Tony V,

Thank you for the clarification.

However, the fact remains, I cannot submit that which I do not have.

Thus, is there any other means by which you can verify me. As I mentioned in previous posts, my bank, credit cards, mortgage and council tax accounts are all very long standing and are all of course, registered to both me and to my address?

Further, per the hard credit search you performed with Equifax, dated, 13/08/2020, your colleague, Tony T advised that he was going to look further into electronic verification. Are there any updates regarding this?

Kind regards

L James

Greetings,

We do have a number of ways to perform the necessary verification steps outlined by our regulator. I am certain that we would be able to find a solution for you, however I would like to confirm, that in case the electronic verification does not allow us to proceed we would require a certain set of documents to be submitted.

I will send you a Direct Message to provide you with more specifics in regards to the opening of your personal account.

In general terms, we use two electronic verification companies who perform soft credit checks. As we aren’t in the business of offering credit, these are not not hard credit checks and should not affect your credit rating. It will also query the electoral roll. If we get sufficient matches from different databases, this will return a pass.

For clients who do not have a sufficient electronic footprint we ask for documentary proof, which in line with JMLSG guidelines should consist of government issued photo ID or a proof of address. What we need will depend on the level of match we have found electronically.

Failed matches can be the result of typos in a date of birth, or address field. We are trying to match incorrect data. While we try to work with someone applying who cannot provide standard evidence, we have to balance our legal obligations to verify identity, and so cannot always be flexible on the documentation we require.

Dear Michael P and ID Verification Team,

It would be greatly appreciated, should a member of said team respond to at least one of my six emails, dated Friday, 18 September 2020.

Many thanks

L James

How come? you don’t have ID (Passport)? How did you open your bank account? If you lost your passport then just wait and apply for a new passport.