Starbucks -SBUX-

Couldnt find a thread on this. Anyone here in starbucks? I am and it is a suprise solid performer, I had bought it for some growth and also dividend growth. Has since pushed on since march crash very well, I would suggest people not in it to check it out if you want a steady performing consumer stock with a decent dividend/dividend growth. I would think we will see $90-$93 range again so perhaps look for pull back but think this could be a great 2021 stock as its done well even in crisis

I am! :coffee:

I’ve got a pie setup named “The BUSY Pie” and Starbucks is one of my holdings. Yeah, it has been performing really well for me since I added it - I like to think the occasional lattes I buy from there (like the one I just finished) is helping me out with my investment too!

After all, why just be a consumer of the places you frequent when you can be an owner too!? :ok_hand:

Glad to hear it is doing well for you too @Hbomb :+1:

I’ve bought Starbucks too. It is one of the companies that Terry Smith recently bought for Fundsmith.

Not sure what this means, but I have noticed that in our neighbourhood the Starbucks stores have been making more effort to stay open than Costa and Cafe Nero. I own KO too, so a bit disappointed by Costa staying closed.

Do any people find that once invested on a stock they find a particular satisfaction buying that company’s products? KO, CL, PG, PEP, SBUX, DIS. Even when in hospital it felt good to be on a SYK bed in the operating theatre.

1 Like

Do any people find that once invested on a stock they find a particular satisfaction buying that company’s products?

Yes, 100% - it can be dangerous though because it might encourage you to buy more of X thing just because you’re invested in it! :rofl:

Like I said above, I don’t mind buying Starbucks coffee as much now because I am invested in them - I definitely wasn’t like that before becoming an investor! :rofl:

Remember though guys, think of the compound effect if you didn’t buy that coffee and put it straight back into the stock! :smiley:

But yeah it does make you think if you have to spend money then in a tiny tiny tiny way its nice to spend in something you are a stakeholder of.

Not sure about US, but Starbucks should continue decent growth in Chinese market, but I also see it as a stock that in 5-10 years time will be seen as a solid dividend stock like KO etc, so SBUX now will probably net you a very nice yield in years to come.