Stock distribution is Now Available

Could you elaborate what does this merger mean for shareholder? I’m not a native english speaker and there is alot of big words in announcement (Realty Income To Merge With VEREIT® In All-Stock Transaction).

Thank you

O will will buy Veriet (0.705 shares of Realty Income stock for every share of VEREIT stock) on Nov 1 and will spin off all the office buildings from this transanction(92 properties, 10.5 milion sq feet), in a new company Orion Office Riet(NYSE: ONL). The spin off will have Nov 2 record date and Nov 12 the distribution date and shareholders will receive 1 ONL share for 10 O shares they own (or cash if O needs to give you a fractional share of ONL).

Hope it helps.
Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Will this work with AMD’s upcoming acquisition of XILINX?

Excellent new
i think i had my scrip dividend in shares allocated to me too
212 you are guys are just getting fab
I am a late investor late 50’s with a small fund but I never have any regrets with 212
I am thank full to you for giving us a chance to buy like the big boys
Keep up the good work and have a fab week all

2 Likes

Hope it will. :crossed_fingers:
AMD is offering 1.7234 of its shares for each Xilinx share in the all-stock deal. And for this they will dilute their current shareholders(maybe 20%) and issue more shares. But Xilinx should bring 20-25% to AMD revenue.

Yes I have some XILINX shares that I’d rather be converted to AMD instead of paid to me at whatever price it fulfils at. Avoids currency conversion charges too. If we could get a definitive answer I’d buy more XILINX

Curios what is your thougths on the Global Foundries Nasdaq IPO, ticker GFS today?
I think it’s kind of overvalued like most IPOs these days.

Not sure. There could be upside if the US government start funding American chip manufacturers in some way so I’m keeping an eye on it.

Hey, @ect. :wave:

Once the event is completed, you can expect new shares as per the terms of the corporate event.

2 Likes

I agree and in someway to incorporate total return by including, for example, dividends received

What do you mean by Special Stock Dividends?

Sometimes companies pay out shares instead of cash, usually if they are low in cash. Not very common though.

You can read more about them here: Stock Dividend - Definition, Example, Journal Entries

Hi
I’m assuming script dividends are included. For example HMSO went for a script dividend of 20:1 or a cash alternative of 0.2p per share (went ex yesterday). If so will we be asked which one we want to select or will the update now mean that it would automatically be in the form of shares?

This is great. There are companies that are going to split up or spin off some of their subsidiaries into new publicly listed companies. Until now I did not buy shares of parent company because what’s the point, I wont get spin off shares anyway. This update changes that and I’m very happy about it.

2 Likes

Hey, @Ghomeshaw. :wave:

In case a company announce a SCRIP Dividend, you can expect the cash equivalent as per the terms of the event. If anything changes with the distribution process, we’ll make sure to update you accordingly.

2 Likes

Amazing news, thank you so much for your effort T212 team. Would it be possible to elaborate how the cost basis for the distributed stock will be calculated?

Are you talking about how the bookcost works in the 212 app? I believe it works on AVCO.

That is what I am asking, thank you for the reply.

Hello @Bogi.H,

Thank you for implementing the feature everyone wished :slight_smile:

In the meantime IBM performed their spinoff and me as many received some shares of Kyndryl,
I have noticed that in the order history the spinoff is not anyhow mentioned that leads to serious issue with tax calculation.

For example if I sell 1 share of Kyndryl for 25$ in the history I will see only 1 entry - sell transaction, there is no linked buy transaction and it becomes extremely difficult to calculate tax as we don’t know the cost basis of this share. In case you provide the csv to expert accountant they won’t be able to calculate tax without knowing there was a spinoff (not talking about automatic calculation of the tax that I am working on).

Could you please consider including information about spinoff in the history so it doesn’t look like shares appeared out of nowhere?

2 Likes

Great finding @bydlokoder.

I’m sure @Team212 @Bogi.H can implement a solution for this.
Afterall Rome was not built in 1 day.

They just need to update the naming of the spinoff on the share entry. Big chances are this is already referenced in thier system but we don’t see it in our UI.