Stock distribution is Now Available

Hey @bydlokoder :wave:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your perspective goes a long way in helping us improve the product.

I’ll pass your suggestion along for consideration and we’ll see if we can implement it down the road.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Realty income spinoff company ‘Orion’, Trading212 is gonna give us the shares and money?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Extended hours, after hours, pre market

Indeed, we don’t see an update of the Cost Basis for both the Original and Spinoff stocks, which tax-wise will be very dificult to explain if T212 doesn’t provide this information on their reports (and in their transaction history).
Lets hope soon we will have this topic worked out.

1 Like

Dear T212 Team,

Just wanted to thank you all for implementing this option and distributing a stock dividend today in connection with Firstmark/Starry merger (STRY). :heart_eyes:

“Uniquely, the holders of FirstMark Class A common stock that do not elect to redeem their shares in connection with the transaction will share in a pool of one million additional shares based on an exchange ratio between 1.0242 and 1.2415, to be determined based on the number of unredeemed shares.”

3 Likes

2 Likes

Following up on this, after IBM spinned-off Kyndryl, I sold in 2021 my resulting KD stocks, and now on my 2021 Tax Statement sent by T212 the Cost Basis has been defined as 0$, when it obviously isn’t (according to Form-8937 the new Cost Basis calculation following the spinoff is IBM 95.8% - KD 4.2%).

As the T212 Tax statement is the one we should present in case IRS requests more details of the operation, shouldn’t the Cost Basis be correctly defined in it? Will T212 fix it in time for 2021 tax declarations?

@Team212 ?

1 Like