Stop loss triggered way above actual market price

why does a spread vary, shouldn’t it be consistent?

The price does actually reach there it’s the spreads widening that makes it look like it hasn’t. I stopped using stop losses for this very reason

Spread forever changes and the more volatile a price is changing the wider/shorter it can be

1 Like

thanks, it sucks keeping your eyes on the chart to be your own stop-loss but it is what it is.

Always give it a bit of room as it can reverse pretty quick from your stop point but in cfd mode I personally wouldn’t use them. I’d rather watch the charts and time it

1 Like

I dont think the price did go that high though.

The chain of events was: Price for GME crashed, so much so the market was suspended. I didnt want to wait for the 15 mins or so for it to resume so put a stop-loss on much higher than where it was at (market at $320 when suspended, stop loss at $390). Then less than a minute later I see got a notification saying stop loss triggered at $421 so I immediately look at my phone and the price is still at $320…

Just above I posted the screenshots with a pin on the CFD hitting 421.

Screenshot_20210128-132348

Also if you are going short you won’t be able to see the ASK plotted on your phone in CFD.

Bear in mind this is a CFD derivative that has spread mark-up/down and that the spread is floating. We have tools to keep the system from overreacting to wide raw spread. However, force-majeure circumstances like trading halts may lead to sudden spread widening right after the halt is lifted. Тhe spread gets into normal parameters when the next quotes in line come in. If you have any positions closed due to the cited spike, please send me a personal message containing the order ID as well as the email address associated with your trading account so that I can check whether the execution is correct.

I guess we’ve got to take this one on the chin **sad face