Tesla/NIO/Nikola/SOLO

If you believe this to be true, how can a stock be cheap?

Tesla is not cheap by any standards. I’m a believer in the company and believe that it is a good long term investment, but cheap? No. Cheap was in the $200 range.

Cheap is another word for risk. A low stock price relative to intrinsic value represents higher risk within the company. This is reflected in the market value.

$200 is cheap with hindsight because you forgot about the risks it overcame. $200 at the time carried alot of risk.

Actually, Nissan was the first to enter…

How do you think semi trucks get purchased? Not by masses and certainly not by looks. It is ALL about TCO (total cost of ownership). This is why I don’t think Nikola has a bright future. It lacks infrastructure and operating cost are much higher.

You will be surprised how many care about their fleets/company image.

On the note of what is cost effective, neither Nikola or Tesla would be the choice for the rest of the sector, they will be going for Diesel conversion solutions such from the likes of Hyliion

If TCO is the same it might be a factor, but they would not choose a much more expensive TCO semi truck over a lower one just because it looks better, was my point. In addition, service network is important as well (also more important than looks). Usually, these investments are subject to board approval and they decide mainly based on what I call powerpoint dollars.
Anyways, Nikola does not score well on any of these points, that was the point I was making.

Electric semi trucks are definitely coming. There are several pilots. They will be necessary soon for distribution in urban areas as big cities have zero emission policies, most of them coming into effect in 2025.

If you followed these instructions we are still at step ???

Ok so I’ve been massively busy with work the last few days and just seen NIO closed after a day rise of almost 20%! What news did I miss?

European expansion plans by 2023 (I think).

1 Like

Ok, I got scared and took profits at $2220. Gonna pray I can average back down. Sold 75%.

1 Like

I don’t believe you! :thinking:

1 Like

1 Like

I still feel this crazy QQQ rally has some road to run, but anyway good profits :+1:

1 Like

You were scared of what?
I guess you made a nice profit :wink:

I fear people are too taken in by the stock split and has unfairly added to it’s valuation. I’m going with buy the rumour, sell the news. Although I was lucky that I had my position before the stock split announcement.

Thoroughly expect a large sell off come split time but I also expect a massive influx of buyers taking advantage of the lower price. Might not net off but I think the buys will last a lot longer than the sell offs.

Heart broken you sold lol, gains have taken me to 53% Tesla. Considering reinvesting the sold fractional shares into my pie after the stock split, should bring my weighting down a little bit. Not selling any more though. Just letting it grow while I buy elsewhere

1 Like

I have an image in my head of someone investing in Tesla when the £ to $ was 1.15 in March,

I think they’d be in profit still, but it would be fairly annoying, to say the least.

Based on pure speculation and market panic, I expect all these me too stocks will rise, some by 100x and then likely implode. The level of moat that Tesla is building is nearly impossible to replicate. The mixture of innovation and operational leverage will keep them dominant for a very long time. When the mass market realise it will be too late. Just hoping it doesn’t corrupt Elon, as he’s mentioned before absolute power absolutely corrupts. But I’ve played around with NIO and XPENG, but it’s just for fun. I wouldn’t serious invest into anything other than Tesla. I’m currently 100% in Tesla.

1 Like