Tesla stock split

I totally disagree with this.

The market capitalisation canā€™t be changed unless the share price changes.

But thatā€™s how math works.

Tell me how a company increases its market capitalisation then.

I was wondering exactly the same!
1st time for me. I too only had fractional shares in Tesla and was the biggest part of my pie. Then I woke up this morning not understanding what had happened, my free funds was up, & Tesla was suddenly missing!

I suddenly went into shock mode thinking of lost my Tesla from my portfolio and not understanding what happened so why why.

So youā€™re 100% right .
Iam lost and now reading all this to finally get dinner understanding as to what what can happen.

So Iā€™m assuming it just means I have to buy back into to my Tesla stock which was all fractional shares anyway?

Thank you

I had 0.19 Fractional Share, and for some reason they withdrawn a small part of my money out, and left the rest in cash on my account.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got mine paid on $1660 price aprox. I hope I will get the others too, since the market closed on 2200.

1 Like

Iā€™m still getting my head around itā€¦ But Thank you for this Martin :+1:t3:

By creating more value in the market by producing goods and services, while hopefully increasing profits and revenues.

I take it you had less than 0.2 shares?

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this?

Okā€¦ My first time for thisā€¦ So thank you for this Vedran.

I think this is whatā€™s happened to me since i only had Fractional Tesla shares to the sum of approx Ā£280-300.

Suddenly this morningā€¦ Bit of a shock as to what happened!! Shares seem to have been released as Free Funds but no longer seen in my ā€œpieā€ diagram.

So can I ask (everyone else also) is it just a case of buying back in in before Monday morning?

Thank you Vedran (and all) for your info views and education)

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketcapitalization.asp

1 Like

If youā€™d had 0.2 shares or more, you would still have had at least 1 Tesla share.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the same thing. How do you know what a share is worth unless you know what the whole thing is worth? Share value and market cap are the same thing.

1 Like

You know what a share is worth from the order book. As far as I know, thatā€™s the only thing that determines the share price.

I got exactly the amount I should get, but in my history it says 7.8$ withdrawal ( converting to USD from PLN ) with the title ā€œTESLA splitā€, and other than that I have 420$ Account Ballance

1 Like

Everything looks okay with the Apple, Tesla EQ splits.

Please, keep in mind that the cash in transactions that appears as a deposit is the trading result (profit/loss) of the closed position. The initial investment to open the position does not appear as a deposit but just gets unlocked as free funds & doesnā€™t show elsewhere. We understand that makes the cash flow a bit hard to track as not everybody remembers their total funds before the split, so weā€™ll make it more intuitive for future stock splits.

As for Tesla CFD, there were a few positions with small quantities that didnā€™t get adjusted/closed correctly but weā€™ll have that solved very soon.

6 Likes

But that doesnā€™t tell you how much of the cake you are buying.

Edit: I donā€™t want to spam this thread anymore so Iā€™ll leave this here.

Market cap = Numberof shares * Share price

= Means the same as. Equal, being the same.

1 Like

All good here. Glad to know that the only thing sold was the 0.0x part of the stock and not the 0.x part of it.

For future i suggest having it recorded more accurately on the platform, like how much I had, what happened, and how much i have now. Im sure you will figure it out

Thanks!

1 Like