Top 5 stocks for 212 members

The figma deal is a bit of an own goal. Certainly if it goes against them.

But often with these big software providers, it is a huge job to move away from them (for larger firms) so I think Adobe is here to stay to one extent or another

For what it is worth though, my new top ups are going towards FMC/Humana/Deere/Citigroup/Abbvie and others rather than tech.

Balanced portfolios for the win.

A spasm of romanticism has prompted me to channel my inner-European all of a sudden:

HermĆØs (8%)
Ferrari (7%)
Bains de Mer de Monaco (5%)
Laurent Perrier (4%)
Robertet (4%)

Regrettable in time, most likely.

Saving for a Camembert in 2032.

2 Likes

Iā€™m HODLing both Apple and Microsoft like you, but also Astra Zeneca, Walmart and Mercedes Benz.

I have LVMH and Coca-Cola as well. Unfortunately Coca Cola stock appears to be stagnating at least in the short term. I feel like the balance of power is shifting between them and Pepsi, which is something Iā€™m noticing from experiences of going to bars and cafes, at least in the UK market. I donā€™t know how much, if at all, that has to do with it though. Do you think Coca Cola stock will continue to go up in future?

I donā€™t hold Coca-Cola now, its a shame but like you said its just between them and Pepsi. Iā€™m usually a long term investor but I held them for a couple of years and didnā€™t see any growth either. Like you said with Cafes, Coca-Cola own Costa and I have seen a few Costaā€™s here in the UK and they look dead which is not promising.

I still hold LVMH, although China is looking weak now. China is a huge market for luxury goods so iā€™m going to monitor them closely in the next few months.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip bro. Xi Jinpingā€™s economic policies really arenā€™t paying off, and the middle classes there are shrinking. That would explain your concerns. Iā€™ll keep holding too, donā€™t know if I mentioned but Iā€™m very much a long term investor myself.

Boston Omaha $BOC
Pershing Square Holdings #PSH.L
Brookfield $BN
Topicus $TOI.V
Exor NV #EXOR

Best in class management with plenty of skin in the game

1 Like

Been a whileā€¦FMC reinvestments not going so well.

Top 10 as it stands:
Alphabet 4.8%
Netflix 4.4%
Berkshire 4.2%
AMD 4.0%
Amazon 3.9%

Humana 3.8%
Adobe 3.8%
Abbott 3.3%
Zoetis 3.3%
Lockheed Martin 3.0%

My biggest investments are in ETFs, which I keep on Vanguard:

VUSA (USA - S&P500)
VMID (UK - FTSE 250)
VUKE (UK - FTSE100)
VFEM (emerging markets)
VERX (Europe ex UK)
VJPN (Japan)
VAPX (Asia ex Japan)

My current holdings on T212:

Amazon
Uber
Palantir
Crowdstrike
Vodafone

I was planning to cash in my Vod shares this week, but the price plummeted! Now Iā€™m waiting/hoping for them to come back up a bit to cash in about even.

Iā€™m looking at replacing with another UK stock (Roll Royce or Greggs, Unilever, Darktrace?), and also interested in two from Disney, Paypal, Shopify, Coinbase, Ferrari, Snowflake), to add next year.

HermĆØs (23%)
Ferrari (23%)
Microsoft (17%)
Lā€™OrĆ©al (16%)
Tesla (11%)
SociƩtƩ des Bains de Mer (10%)

Concentrated in the extreme.
I may well be unhinged.

Palantir 30%
Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust 21%
S&P 500 18 %
Alibaba 5,7%
SoFi Technologies 5,7%

1 Like

Not including passive trackers which are my biggest holdings:

Isa

1. JAM
  2. JUSC
  3. PSH
  4. FEV
  5. PHI

Sipp

1. SMT
  2. JGGI
  3. AGT
  4. MWY
  5. JMG
1 Like

Difficulf to boil it down to 5, butā€¦

Exxon Mobile (XOM)
Exxon Mobil is one of the largest and most successful oil and gas producers in the world and has raised its dividend every year for over 40 consecutive years. It maintains a low payout ratio and a fortress balance sheet, which allows it to withstand fluctuations in the price of oil and gas.

MicroStrategy (MSTR))
A business analytics and intelligence company founded in 1989 that has outlived many of its peers throughout the past three and a half decades. Theyā€™re perhaps most well known for holding bitcoin on their balance sheet, which has been their differentiated strategy since August 2020 when bitcoin was worth around $10,000. Since adoption of that strategy, they have outperformed all major stock indices and even bitcoin itself.

**Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD)**T
hey make most of their money from volumes, rather than prices, of the products they transport. So, theyā€™ve been able to maintain a 25+ year streak of distribution increases through all market conditions. They have highest credit rating in the midstream industry, and maintain among the lowest leverage ratios compared to their peers.

Intercontinental Exchange (ICE)
What makes an exchange attractive is that they have relatively fixed costs, while their revenues are quite variable and can grow in line with inflation and population. Especially after the recent sharp correction in ICEā€™s share price, I think itā€™s pretty interesting going into 2024.

Brookfield Corporation (BN)
Despite Brookfieldā€™s astounding long-term results, they are not well-known and in my opinion they are still reasonably priced. Since they own cash-producing stakes in multiple partnerships and have a complex corporate structure, BN tends not to show up well on stock screeners, and people looking at their financial statements for the first time wouldnā€™t see anything that stands out. In fact, they always look overvalued at first glance because their reported earnings tend to be choppy.

1 Like

Top five for me, excludes ETF.

1. GOOGL
  2. MSFT
  3. META
  4. AAPL
  5. AMZN

Top 10 latest:

AMD 4.4%
Alphabet 4.3%
Netflix 4.1%
Berkshire Hathaway 4.0%
Amazon 3.5%

Humana 3.5%
Abbott 3.4%
Zoetis 3.4%
FMC 3.3%
Adobe 3.2%

Top 5 latest:

3 Likes

Top 10 after more shoogling around:

Amazon 3.8%
Alphabet 3.7%
Berkshire Hathaway 3.6%
AMD 3.6%
Netflix 3.6%

Zoetis 3.4%
FMC 3.2%
Humana 3.1%
Disney 3.0%
Microsoft 2.9%

Lots of change again:
FMC 4.0%
Alphabet 3.8%
Amazon 3.7%
Netflix 3.7%
Berkshire Hathaway 3.6%

Nvidia 3.3%
Humana 3.3%
Disney 3.1%
AMD 2.9%
Adyen 2.8%

Here are my top 5 picks:
NVIDIA: Theyā€™re leading the charge in AI and gaming tech, and I think theyā€™ve got a bright future ahead.
Amazon: E-commerce giant thatā€™s constantly innovating and expanding into new areas.
Google (Alphabet): Their dominance in search and growing presence in cloud computing and other tech areas make them a solid pick.
Visa: With the world moving towards cashless transactions, I believe Visa is well-positioned to benefit from this trend.
Berkshire Hathaway: A diverse portfolio of strong companies and the wisdom of Warren Buffett make this a comforting long-term hold.
These are companies I believe in for their innovation, market leadership, and potential for long-term growth.

1 Like