Top class investing! ๐Ÿ˜ whatโ€™s your worst investing mistake? Thread!

Well currently my lowest performing stock is ULVR, but hats not much so cant complain and its solid and will come back and pays a tasty dividend too.

In terms of selling then going on to rise, I dont see it as mistake as still made great returns but I got in LMND just under $50, sold for $80+ now its like $140 :smiley:

smhโ€ฆ

1 Like

Iโ€™m still holding onto Hurricane Energy, with a roughly 8.4p average. Time will tell if it was a mistake to keep holding after it came out that the original competent persons report and former leader did not understand their field. Not sure if that one counts yet.

Sooooo, I am going to go with selling ARM only days before they were originally bought out.

The lesson I learnt from that, was to stick by my guns and hold what I believe in long term, and never to invest something I may need access to.

Not really a mistake but I bought 2400 shares of RIOT and 300 shares of MARA in July 2020. Sold in July. Also had no idea what I was doing. I tot BTC will go to the moon! :joy: Thank you very much. Hindsight is a b-tch!

Every time you think youโ€™ve made a mistake just come here and look at his, current price $46,224.00 per btc $78.2m sold for $510

8 Likes

The worst mistake was not holding stocks like Square, Jumia and Plug for the long term after buying them on the cheap. Patience is a virtue.

3 Likes

Yep Venetia
I always do that
Now I leave a slice of the profit behind incase it takes off again or it can rot lol

1 Like

Yes totally agree, I am training this day by day.

Edit: Awesome pic and name <3

Looking forward to Amazonโ€™s series?

Selling this today after I was up 50% :sob:

1 Like

As a teenager, I bought a few shares in my favourite football club, only to realise Iโ€™d made an immediate 100% loss due to the commission. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I sold Tesla at 200usd pre split would be worth over 100k now

Maybe 2 3 months before it went in its run to 800usd

3 Likes

Lol thatโ€™s fantastic
โ€ฆ
Good job getting into it as a teen though.

1 Like

Got another one, selling sndl at 0.67

1 Like