Trading212 Paid Tier

@Amstelland should be soon :soon:

and :crossed_fingers: comes under

Itā€™s not really freemium without paid features though, then itā€™s justā€¦ free.

1 Like

Not my fancy dividend trinkets :sob:

1 Like

Any other information on what might be included in a premium package? Obviously I understand that you arenā€™t currently working on one and that plans can and do often change, but any tasty tasty tidbits of information on what we might expect to see?

Happy Saturday everyone.

Itā€™s interesting actually. Iā€™ve shopping around trying find some good tools for information, particularly related to the UK.

Iā€™d be happy to pay a subscription, does anyone has any recommendations?

Finviz.com is a great resource.
LSE.co.uk too

1 Like

With regards to the ā€˜freeā€™, Iā€™ve trained myself to replace the word ā€˜freeā€™ with ā€˜includedā€™.

Trading 212 isnā€™t free, we open accounts which include a bunch of features and services. We use the account to trade and the platform makes profit.

As long as T212 make a good profit itā€™s a great model for everyone.

Happy days!

3 Likes

Iā€™m already paying interest nightly holding CFDs, plus fighting against the spread, I donā€™t need to pay more on top of it!

Also there is no such thing as free. If something is free - YOU are the product.

3 Likes

Precisely. We pay for the service.

ā€œFree stocks & shares ISAā€
ā€œĀ£9.99/monthā€

Iā€™m not sure freetrade understand what free means

3 Likes

I think we got the answer already, from the team directly. Scale plays a huge role.

Things like ā€˜premiumā€™ market data subscriptions is something brokers almost always pass on to the customers. Which is what you see with Robinhood Gold and other brokers who offer it.

Also, with enough scale and secondary and tertiary revenue streams, there are brokers which offer even L2 and other premium market data subscriptions for free, examples include TDAmeritrade, including my other primary broker, Charles Schwab.

When companies get greedy, or even when customers get greedy, it usually ends benefiting no one.

T212 will continue to offer each and every service they can offer for free, as long as it makes sense and they can make up for the costs from other offerings. (My opinion)

4 Likes

Good suggestion but they are yet to improve their chart. :joy:

I would be pretty interested in a paid tier if it offers 2-3x margin trading. So based on how much you have in your account, you could access double or triple the amount to increase your investing money.

It would be different to the CFDs because it would be primarily orientated to a longer term holding. Only issue I see arising is how would it work? Would it just be 2-3x the Invest account money or could they also include the ISA account as well? Would definitely entice me though if it was for priced fairly like Robinhood Gold.

What is tasty trade? It is not a broker as far as I can Google?

tastyworks.com

tasty work/trade

1 Like

I didnā€™t know That was a thing. It sounds like CFDs for the place where CFDs are banned :slight_smile:

This might be added to Invest account but legally you cannot do leveraged trading, in tax efficient wrappers ie ISA or SIPP.

if you are desperately looking for a margin account tastyworks provide 3x leverage on individual accounts or more with with other account types. (Although disclaimer, I have not enabled my margin account there and use it solely for option trading)

Thereā€™s something I donā€™t understand from this post. If some of you guys wouldnā€™t mind paying for features, then why did you choose trading212 in the first place? I mean, if what you want is to pay for stuff, there are plenty of expensive alternatives to choose from. You go to the mountain, not ask the mountain to come to you

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind paying for certain features, but none of the paid brokers offer what Iā€™m interested in, which is offered for free here.

No one is saying to take anything away from the free side, just add stuff that costs T212 money.

2 Likes

Hi laguiar, out of interest, what makes you think T212 isnā€™t doing well enough necessitating them to start charging for additional services. There are other services out there that provide exactly these features without charging. Just a case of which is ones preferred platform.

I for one really like T212, but recognise that some what I would consider basic features are missing and sincerely hope T212 will be rectifying this. Example, extended hours already exists on the CFD account to a more or lesser degree, so what logical reason is there that it could not be carried over the the trading or ISA account without issue and free of charge?

For whatā€™s its worth, I question the value of deciding to charge individuals for ā€˜featuresā€™ such as these as if you are willing to do your analysis on alternative platforms that do not charge for them, then one can simply use T212 as a buy/sell tool, assuming not a UK platform for example. Perhaps not ideal for some, but I can tell you that there are much more powerful analysis platforms out there.

1 Like