Twitter goes private. What now?

And if he gets called, after a high selloff? (TSLA is known for its high volatility, many provoked by Musk itself.)

I suppose itā€™s overcollateralized. Or maybe not, and if it isnā€™t at least 100% collateralized, there will be a high leverage factor.

A lot of leveraged investors (giving shares as collateral) get burned. The last known whale, Hwang/Archegos Capital Management, had a huge impact in his family office and in the investment banks that allowed his leveraged trades (today, Hwang was arrested).

Tesla MCAP is about 900bn, Musk owns what 17% so 150bn say, but news says Musk is worth 264bn, so borrowing 50bn against that doesnā€™t seem so badā€¦

We donā€™t know if Musk have given some stocks as collateral on other previous situations. :wink:

For example, to finance his other projects and even to buy meme cryptos.

Net worth isnā€™t necessarily 100% accepted as collateral. As lenders can refuse some types of collateral. (E.g. having a loan and giving cryptos as collateral or if accepted, as it is very volatile, the lenders could demand a higher overcollateralization. Or for example, other iliquid or exotic assets given as collateral.)

Bottom-line. Musk could be worth 264bn, but lenders only accept a % of it as potential collateral (not considering/accepting some as collateral).

EDIT:
PS: Banks have regulations that classifies their balance sheet assets according to their risk, with risky assets penalizing the banksā€™ capital requirements/stress tests.

1 Like

Looks like this is on holdā€¦
Elon Musk on Twitter: ā€œTwitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users https://t.co/Y2t0QMuuynā€ / Twitter

Good example that you canā€™t assume anything until all the paperwork is signed.

dude I swear, if this doesnā€™t get throughā€¦

Iā€™m tired of losing money :smiley:

5% is still a pretty big number all things considered. did he think it was more? I donā€™t know much details about elonā€™s twitter interest saga haha

Could also be that as the market is crashing heā€™s having a rethink about paying too much and wants out :thinking:

Afaik, it was disclosed thah below 5% of twitter accounts were fake, by the board/internal report. However it seems likely that number is more then claimed 5%ā€¦

Does it slightly annoy you that Musk has become bigger than both TWTR (and also TSLA). Both have become what I now call ā€œcelebrity stocksā€. The man himself has become a bigger spectacle than the actual companies.

That said I know many will gain a decent profit once the sell off takes place, myself included.

1 Like

Itā€™s seem like Musk would rather find a way to get out of this deal, pay the 1million get out clause and offer a lower share price for the company purchase.

I believe its a 1 Billion get out clause.

Heā€™s right to make sure Twitters numbers are correct. The real amount of bots and fake accounts will obviously turn out to be far more than they said, lowering the value.

Personally i think heā€™s opening a can of worms with this one.

Yooo cheqp twitter brooo, make millionz, lambooo

Or maybe not. Nobody knows.

Still! Not much discussion in the press

ded

1 Like

I donā€™t believe a single thing musk says nowadays, his ego is completely out of control. Twitters lawyer group look like an absolute dream team, that wouldnā€™t take on a case they arenā€™t likely to win.

I donā€™t think heā€™ll be forced to buy it fwiw, but an incoming Tesla share dump and a significant shareholder settlement are coming IMO.

2 Likes

Buy the rumors, Sell on the news.

Or just be contrarian to Musk public statements. His statements are made deliberately to influence the price movements. In the past, it was for Tesla stock, he was hit by SEC numerous times, then he went to Wild West Crypto World (no regulator to punish him), now that crypto bubble is bursting, he turned to stocks.

Bottom-line, Musk is a Pumper and Dumper.

I get thereā€™s a rumour Musk is going ahead with the purchase on the original price but why stop the trading tho?

There was a trading halt from the exchange because of the high volatility (halt it automatic when the best selling price is also the highest price in the book for 10min straight, and conversely on the downside.)

1 Like

But no worries if u are using Dark Pools nobody limits you

1 Like