Value orders - join the BETA

Is the 95% limited still applied to Value Orders?

No, you can invest all free funds with a single value order.

7 Likes

Good! On the other hand (sorry for a bit off topic), it was once mentioned in the forum that the 95% limit will be removed for Limit order. Is it still in the plan?

@ELEL Definitely. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Been trying out the value order beta today and damn its so smooth. The orders were executed without any problems. This feature is gonna be really useful for me to dca. Thanks trading212 team👍

5 Likes

Honestly if you’re dealing with that small a number, I’d argue you need to be focusing more on getting your income up or working a second job to get a thick amount of cash flow coming in, rather than adding 0.00001 of a euro into your stocks

I am using the Beta and love the new value order option. I would like to agree with rounding, but perhaps it makes more sense to round down, rather than up. If I want to buy as many shares in a company for £250 as possible, offering me a share that takes me over my ‘budget’ might not be optimal.
I hope the option of using value orders in limit orders is included when you role this update out.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Honestly if you don’t know how to read, I’d argue you should write.

What I wrote is that could be an integration for rounding up the amount of stocks, what they are doing is implementing fractional share by value in order to also have a feature called DRIP, when you gonna get your dividends paid you gonna have a fractional share really small, and implementing the possibility to buy that small amount is to round up the share to a whole amount or a even fraction.
The suggestion comes also from the fact that it’s possible to go so low because you can already do it with fractional share by amount.

I’m personally not interested in fractional shares except for the DRIP, so what I’m doing now is more of testing (consider it’s a beta) to see possible bugs or implementation that could be done.

So before saying your idea of my life choices, net worth and income problems… read! And btw even if I was an investor that could only invest 1cent it shouldn’t be your concern, considering that platforms like these were created in order to let investors start with the minimum and start their Compounding Journey and every investor should be welcomed in the same way.

Peace and love :v:

7 Likes

Why is this only available on stocks that are fractional?

Or does a stock have to be a min value?

@pbigmoon
Well it is not technically possible to buy specific value of stock unless it is in fractional.

Ie stock A - 115USD - buy for 500USD , which would be 4.347 shares. No fractional meaning you could only buy 4 thus not being able to buy via value.

1 Like

@Vedran
I know it’s only beta release but kinda useless untill all stocks are fractional

To be a little clearer:

If you chose “Value” rather than “Number of Shares” you could have the additional options from a drop down menu:

• Round up
  • Exact (Fractional)
  • Round down
    Which would give the user full control as to how to use this function. If fractional shares are not available for this particular share, the fractional option could be greyed out. It would also allow this new method to be used for Limit orders.
    Hope this makes sense - Thanks :wink:
5 Likes

Currently I have 4.0808454 shares in Boeing.

How do i buy 0.0191546 share of Boeing to get this to a at least 2DP.?

Or can i sell 0.008454 shares?

Currently, you can’t but we will release a fix with the next update, which will allow you to enter a quantity with such high precision. That way you will be able to round up or down your shares.

15 Likes

Thanks looking forward to it. spent a few hours trying to figure this out lol

2 Likes

Would this rounding option be available for Limit Orders? :wink:

So far non of my picks which reached target price have Fractional to be able to test… :frowning:

So beta testers still have to subscribe to the link to get the feature?

+1, this is what I am looking forward to.

1 Like

waiting for this update to happen (y)