đź”® Your 2023 predictions

What are some things that you think are likely to happen in 2023?

It doesn’t have to be just stock related.

You could suggest anything (for example, the end of the war in Ukraine, Elon Musk marrying Cathy Wood or chatGPT taking over this community forum).

If good suggestions emerge, we could create a poll with the best ones so even more people will vote.

:8ball: My take:

1. Rate hikes would stop, and the market would end the year mostly flat; it would bottom during the summer and have a partial recovery by the end of 2023.

2. Tesla’s share price will stabilise around $65-70. Don’t think there would be any splits.
    Musk will no longer be its CEO after it loses fame.

3. Binance gets hit and collapses similarly to FTX. A lot of schemes get uncovered.
    This will mark the end of the crypto market as we know it.

4 Likes
  1. China / Russia relations turn for the worse and Putin is out.

2. FTSE100 will outperform the S&P again.

3. Inflation will peak.

4. Growth stocks will normalise towards the tail end of the year after performing worse than value companies.

5. People will continue to complain on this forum for features that were not there when they were happy to sign up.

5 Likes
  1. Sadly, Russia would mobilize more troops and win the war as the West will gradually abandon Ukraine, cracks already showing about sending tanks.

2. UK government would do the “unthinkable” ie tax ISA accounts holders or reduce yearly allowance or both.

3. High consumer and business defaults rates will create an environment leading to bankruptcy/bailout of at least 1 big bank within US or EU inclusive of UK.

2 Likes

Russia has no chance of winning the war. They need troops that want to fight. They are running out of tanks, armoured vehicles and moral. The latter is the most important.

Interest rates in Georgia will fall significantly. The exchange rate will fall significantly. The share price of bank of Georgia and Georgia capital will fall massively and i will buy them back.

And make lots of money

Beer will continue to go up in price and I will continue to buy it.

My broad beans wont get the fungal disease known as broad bean rust.

I will learn to shuffle dance despite being 66

I will remember to buy toilet paper tomorrow. Getting desperate

2 Likes

I think this might be one of the few you get right. Not so sure on your Russia part, I mean everyone can’t be sheep right?

I think i feel happy in saying the majority if not the vast majority don’t want to fight.
They have no NCO system, at this point in the war they desperately need one.
Corruption is rampant will the soldiers continue to be short of food and the appropriate clothing. What does that do for there moral?
A battalion comander (never mind a company commander) cant fart with out consulting a general.
They have not learned anything from the Kuwait war. Having a 3 man crew replacing the loader with shell carousel results in the tank being “decapitated” when hit. With the crew vaporised…or maybe they don’t care about any of that.
Wars are not faught anymore by sending waves of troops at enemy position.
The Russian could afford to do that in the second world war but not now. The demographics of the country doesn’t allow it.

I need more exposure to the beer and toilet paper industries in my portfolio.

3 Likes

I said it…I said it…am better than Jeremy Grantham. It’s time to release my book :rofl:

1 Like