Ability to see all stocks available to trade

Even though it would be helpful, nothing beats a feature that is well implemented and integrated in the app itself. In my opinion this should have been fixed before adding fees…

1 Like

The stocks are already listed in the app under different headers right - how would it be simple to view all 10,000 say? (Random number)

Only about 2.5k of them are catalogued and viewable through the search function currently.

Would think lots of filterisation parameters (eg. industry, sector, sub-sector, market cap, ISA-eligible, currency, etc) would need to be introduced in order to make it an efficient tool going forward.

2 Likes

What should be done is update these at the very least. Not asking for a screener (though that should be included), but having stocks segregated by sector and exchange would be great.

Yo! I’m still about - but barely come on the forums anymore!

So, the question seems to be ; What ETFs DON’T have? Correct?

Getting the total T212 universe is easy. Then it’s a cross ref with all ETFs I can find.

2 Likes

It could also be added the Italian market as well, T212 have already 29 ETFs traded on Borsa Italiana. (Italian stocks are more technically challenging, due to the Italian transaction tax.)

I suggested a Morningstar integration on T212, because Morningstar have a lot of features including for screening, stocks, ETFs, investment trust & funds, etc.

2 Likes

Does it actually make sense to list ETFs by where they are traded rather than just currency? I guess maybe there might be some sort of tax implications thinking about it.

If Finki can get a download of all the ETFs, and potentially their LEIs, then we can potentially cross reference and remove duplicates to create a ‘wish list’ of sorts?

1 Like

In my country, and perhaps in others as well, buying stocks and ETFs, doesn’t matter the country where is traded (national stock exchange may have some benefits for national taxpayers). We pay the same national tax rate for P&L and dividends in any foreign country.

For ETFs, the most relevant filters, will be currency, distributing or accumulating. Also TER and AUM are relevant, besides performance (risk and return), but all these are on a 2nd level of screening.

The ETFs have the same problem as stocks, duplicate issuance in several stock exchanges and currencies, and some issuance could have more liquidity (volume) than others.

1 Like

Whoops!

Forgot to do this…

Tomorrow maybe

I am busy, honest :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Please! :pleading_face:

Hey,

Thanks for notifying. We’ll work on updating the filters & adding such with Borsa Italiana :it:.

As usual, we’ll inform you once it is done.

4 Likes

Looking forward! Thank you!