AutoInvest - Feedback

No I want to have round number invested ie 500/1000/5000, but this bug always makes it 499.67$, 999.78$, 4999.89$ :laughing:

But I do withdraw, then invest again, ofc damn 0.XX$ un invested

i reckon it isn’t a bug, it’s a timing thing. it happens to me too. and i may be speculating here to hoping someone from T212 can answer.

but if, say, you put down £100 to invest in a share whose market price is £100, given that it’s a market order, by the time a buy order for 1 share is processed (which i note is around 2 ish mins on avg.), the price may have moved to £99.99 and then what you end up with is the OCD inspiring £0.01 change.

it’s clearly to do with the time it takes market orders to place. notice the time stamp on your contract note emails for market orders that are supposed to go through instantly?

while this hasn’t massively left me out of pocket yet, i do think T212 need to work on making this quicker as people start piling up bigger trades. in my opinion, it should be a priority after autoinvest.

some food for thought (even though we wouldn’t be such pro investors) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6866224/ :slight_smile:

This is normal. Sometimes when depositing or rebalancing you’ll end up with small amounts of “spare change” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, so will have to put sticker over invested/free funds then. I just cant stand watching those lazy pennies not go to work for me :laughing:

We will eventually eliminate the spare change. However we do not currently consider it as a big enough issue in order to delay more AutoInvest / Pies features because of it.

4 Likes

I was joking anyway, that “issue” is at max Severity 4(1 being highest).

So far no issues except visibility, like returns taking account of the manual invests also. Sorting of holdings, holdings actually show detail when clicked etc :slight_smile:

But those can wait Full fractional and Free funds auto invest, limit order fractionals.

1 Like

I heard moving individual stocks to Pies? :pray::pray::pray: :innocent:

2 Likes

Still same error, even after new client update same.

Hi, never happened to me before but when i invest in my pie, my money goes into cash? Do i need to Change something in settings?

the money will usually sit in cash until it triggers a purchase, either its waiting for certain markets to be open first or you haven’t deposited enough.

you should see that money invested come monday.

Hi,

Doese any one knows how do you keep cash in your pie? If i have X amount in my free fund and i would like to keep some of that as a cash in different pies? My monthly contributions goes in my free fund and than i allocate them.

Hi guys, so I try to invest my first deposit to my pie. I invested $19.89… but then it shows only $19.68 invested and $0.21 in cash. What is the reason for this?

Regards

It is those lazy cents not willing to work for us :laughing:

It’s a known “issue” will be fixed in some later release, not top priority :thinking:

I’m struggling to understand the blue and green lines on the pie autoinvest projection screen as blue lines always exceeds the green one regardless of whether the projection is under or over the goal.

Is this a bug? or am I missing something??

I expect the blue line is the projected value as it looks the same colour as the value projection figure at the top of the screen, but it doesn’t seem to vary depending on whether the projection is behind, on-track or ahead…

Can anyone provide insight on this??

Have you tried scrolling up for about 10 posts above yours? These little “spar changes” are normal. How would you like to have it divided among your pie instruments? Investments worth USD 0.01 are probably not worth processing.

I’ve got uninvested 10 €, that’s an issue.

1 Like

There is something odd about the average annual return calculations. VWRA and VWRL are the same fund except that the first is accumulating and the second distributing. Morningstar compares their charts (assuming dividend reinvestment of VWRL) and the lines line exactly on top of one another and returns are shown as nearly identical. So this is a mystery:

What accounts for the >2% difference in annual returns? Seeing as people are making use of these projections, it would be good to understand better the assumptions going into the calculations. Here is Morningstar comparison:

1 Like

I̶’̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶s̶t̶a̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶V̶W̶R̶A̶.̶ It’s only been around for under a year, hence different return calculations.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s only the 1 year history you are looking at because VWRA has only been around for a year. The pie is trying to calculate based of the 5 year history.

The above chart starts as 26/07/19, the launch date of VWRA. Ah, so it is assuming that VWRA had the same performance for 5 years that it had for the last year. Well-spotted! That explains the difference.

1 Like

Yeah wasn’t looking closely, was looking for timeframe along the bottom and couldn’t see one. But it’s the lack of historical data that accounts for the difference.

This was a known issue which we’ve fixed with this weeks update