AutoInvest - Feedback

Hello! Thank you so much T212 for this awesome feature! :blush:

Here are some feedback from my side after a couple of weeks using AutoInvest:

• When editing slices, it is difficult to use the slider below 10% if more than 20/30 stocks are selected. Would be nice to be able to input the percentage manually without using the slider.
  • When setting up the autoinvest option, you must make a first initial payment. Would it be possible to just schedule the payments?
  • The main portfolio view becomes quite crowed with the Pie/non-pie investments. Would be nice to have the option to split between Pie/non-Pie investments.
  • I created two pies with the same auto invest schedule (every week on the same day). Only one was executed. I am now having one autoInvest on Monday and the other one on Tuesday as a workaround.

Thank you again for all these really cool features!

Ciao!

1 Like

The first of your bullet points is already implements. Simply press where it shows the % and type in a figure.

I believe for point 2, you can just create the pie as a ā€œmanualā€ one then turn on the auto feature for it later.

Ha yes didnā€™t see that sorry, thatā€™s perfect!

Hi

My pie was stuck on updating for hours and hours so tried to cancel and re spread my funds but not my pie is stuck on cancel. Please can 212 help? C18drw@gmail.com is the account

Not sure if this has already been discussed but does AutoInvest always fund your pie according to targets? Is there an option to make self balancing? If not, can this be a feature I can recommend?

Thanks

Auto-investing will always invest by target amounts for now. There was a post somewhere that thereā€™s another FCA license required to make the auto-investing use self balance or it required work or something. I believe itā€™s something they are looking into for the future though

o wow, thatā€™s interesting

@George Can we please have an update on when you expect the updates to AutoInvest to go live?

2 Likes

I saw him mentioning August 24th yesterday. Which makes sense. Monday market opening, updated iOS app released in the weekend.

2 Likes

So, I get the whole math and point behind minimum investment into a pie but does anyone know or can explain the reasoning behind minimum withdrawals?

Continuing the discussion from AutoInvest BETA - Feedback:

@DutchyJB @chantal Hey guys, what updates are you referring to exactly?

1 Like

@DutchyJB @chantal Hey guys, what updates /features are you referring to exactly?

hiya, can anyone explain this please? really would like to understand the reasoning behind it as iā€™m trying to use 1 of my pies as an ā€œinterest generatorā€ and would like to withdraw the profits as ā€œmonthly interestā€ given the banks canā€™t do better than 0.05%

thanks

1 Like

Following the question from @CavanHaganInvesting. How about the conversion value too? sample: I have OKE that I bought at 1.09 usd to eur(investments) but in my pie I have OKE at 1.18 usd to eur. How it will work?

Hi,
and what is the issue ? Just keep the re-invest switched offā€¦like that the dividend will get accumulated. If you want to withdraw Capital gains, you need to sell shares and than rebalanceā€¦at the moment a bit complicated, but will apparently get easier with time. But on the later think that does not make senseā€¦rather use dividends, and let the stocks / market do its thing.
Cheers

If you turn off dividend reinvestments, the dividends received will be added to your free funds outside the pie.

1 Like

Hi all, do we have any idea when this feature is being publicly released?

agreed and thanks for the insight. although, like many here, i have my own plans about how i use my pies. majority of them follow a passive strategy like you mentioned, but for some, iā€™d like to turn them into a savings account.

the issue is, when i try to withdraw from a pie, it sets a minimum amount, the logic behind which i canā€™t understand. so am probing to see if anyone does.

@PeterA, @Martin, @George - any of you guys can help clarify this please?

thank you