AutoInvest - Feedback

I have not seen anything in thus forum about the release of the Import/Export feature but I can already see it on my phone! (Running Android 9 Pie)

Pies - Import / Export investments :eyes:

2 Likes

I also saw the update and immediately used it - very intuitive, great job from the team. Looking forward to my dividend paying stocks now paying the whole dividend into the pie and me not having to intervene with the portion of the dividend paid outside the pie.

I wonder if they were also waiting for the app to be approved by both Google and Apple before making a statement about the Apple and Tesla stock splits. This should help some people who have a whole share divided partly in a pie and partly out of a pie, so the two can now be combined into a whole and one fraction to lessen the amount of fractions being sold automatically.

We look at the total number of shares in your account and sell the fractional part only. It doesn’t matter in how many pies your investment is split.

Getting a 404 when trying to access the shared pie link :upside_down_face:

We’re aware of the issue. It’s being fixed.

1 Like

Just curious, is the new web app coming too with the fix?

1 Like

Oh man I hope the iOS update follows soon!

4 Likes

I think there is a bug looking at the values within the pie compared to when looking at your overall positions. When I am in my position view, it says I am up xx% - but when you dive into the pie it says you’re down xx% - I think it might be an FX issue not showing correctly within the pie, but showing correctly on the all instruments page.

It is also possible that you have this same share in multiple pies or had it outside of pie, then bought inside pie as well. Thus investment page shows average of total share price across account, however pie just shows profit vs pie average price which doesn’t necessarily equal account average stock price.

I have created some pies for my fiancee today with autoinvest setup to buy monthly on the 1st. The weird thing is that according to the schedule in the pie it will buy on the 1st of October instead of the 1st of September. Is that correct behavior?

Yes, because the initial deposit was executed today - 26th and 1st of September is way too soon to deposit again considering the fact you want to deposit once a month. We skip to 1st of October so the spacing between the deposits is closer to 1 month.

3 Likes

This is what I call attention to details. By the way @George… is there an ETA for going all fractional (I know it is supposed to be soon) and pie-within-pie. And one last question for pie-within-pie: will we have import functionality from the beginning (I have 6 pies that are destined for a single pie)?

2 Likes

Currently you can’t auto invest with the cash in your account. When will this feature be available?

Thanks

AutoInvest using account’s cash and Nested pies are both features in our immediate todo. I’ll post estimates when we development begins.

@adriantc, we add about 200 fractionals weekly. There’s no exact ETA but I guess you can extrapolate from that. Once we convert all instruments to fractionals we’re switching the effort towards adding new instruments which will come directly as fractionals.

9 Likes

not following this topic much lately so excuse me if this keeps coming but is pies inside pies feature still under development?

thanks

Yes, see message of George above yours. :wink:

3 Likes

so is it called nested pies? hmm, did not know about that, thanks

Very excited for that feature.

2 Likes

One issue i have found is that prior investments can not be added to a pie? Because this is a new feature a lot of people probably already have investments in their accounts and therefore can not use the auto invest feature. It would be nice to have maybe a auto invest feature for every individual stock instead of it having to be in a pie and/or the ability to move instruments into or across different pies! Cheers!