AutoInvest - Feedback

This is already available,
when you invest money into a pie you are presented with 3 options:
1- by targets: money will be distributed according to targets originally set
2- self-balancing: money will be distributed according to existing weight of instruments
3- custom: you can select how much money will go into which stock. if you just want 1 stock you can select that one stock and set it to 100%

2 Likes

Just checked and yes, you are right, I did not notice it even though it was right there, thank you.

1 Like

Hello, it would be nice when you are inside a pie is to be able to see the stock when tapped on, currently, I canā€™t see what that percentage means, how many stocks it is and neither go directly to that stock.

ok, Iā€™ll be candid, the cash in pies versus cash in main investment account is starting to frustrated me. Once again, my Monday autoinvest was only partially fulfilled due to the US holiday. As stated in a previous post from the UK bank holiday, this used to stay as pending until the market reopened, but now they just fail.
Ok, no problem, Iā€™ll invest the money manually and type the amount in corresponding to the cash in the pie. It then takes that from my invest cash and then takes the pie cash, so double the amount that I wanted to invest! This is so confusing! I use Autoinvest because Iā€™m busy, I shouldnā€™t need an accounting degree to figure this out. Suggestion - where money is deposited needs to be clearer and when I buy within a pie, that cash should come from the Pie cash, not from elsewhere. Rant over. P.s love the Pies, thereā€™s just a few little things that many people has highlighted here, that need to be addressed to make it better than great :+1:

1 Like

Hi @burgers, weā€™re aware of the bug which causes AutoInvest to fail on national holidays and we will fix it. And we will make sure to improve the cash source when investing in pies even more transparent!

1 Like

George, thank you for the prompt reply. I know you guys are working really hard and itā€™s fantastic to have this active feedback forum. Keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

One small point, why is the auto-invest limited to 40 years. It should probably at least cater for someone who joins the platform at 18, and wants to retire by 67 or so. 40 years only take them to 58. Best not to leave anyone out I guess, might as well make the range too long than too short!
Also, how often is the annual return estimates refreshed? Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen it change

Minor feedback, the ability for the slider to go to zero for the ā€˜initial depositā€™ rather than clicking then typing.

Handy for setting up an auto invest schedule with products that are already held outside of pies

2 Likes

@George Could you please tell me if the autoinvest projection takes in consideration dividend reinvestment or is it just pure stock price?

Yes, the projection accounts for dividend reinvestment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the same problem as Burgers. The auto-pie investing failed on American holiday but instead of going into pending investments as it used to, they all failed.
Now I have tried to manually invest the left over money in the pie but it wonā€™t let me - says I have to add more money to the account to do so. I do not want to do this.
How do I invest the money that is in the pie?
George, your reply to @burgers suggested that you understand its a problem but there is no fix coming, youā€™re only going to make it more obvious that more money needs to be added. This isnā€™t a solution.
The solution is to allow the money in the pie to be spent.

1 Like

would it be possible to have 1 deposit per month and that will split the money into the different pies ?

When selling a stock that is in a pie, the ā€œsellā€ button is removed from the stock (outside of a pie).

In order to sell the instrument, you need to sell it from within the pie, or export the instrument, and then sell it.

Can we somehow make this a bit clearer

2 Likes

This we will allow as well. Basically, it will become possible to invest only the free cash of the pie without adding any external funds. Iā€™ll post an update when the fix is out. Should be very soon.

Yes, you can have as many pies as youā€™d like and each pie can have itā€™s own deposit schedule.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer however I am not looking to deposit multiples times since it costs me money to transfer cash from my EU account to the UK account. Hence having the possibility to send for example 1K and to be split equally between each pie and each pie (shares) takes their own needs for auto invest based on % allocated.

I see your point. This will be addressed very soon with the option to use your accountā€™s free funds as an AutoInvest deposit source.

In your case specifically, youā€™d be able to schedule a monthly recurring deposit to your Invest account. And then your pies will be able to source funds from the general cash storage of the account. (I suggest you schedule the AutoInvest to be 1 day after the recurring deposit to ensure that funds are already present in the account)

2 Likes

@teamdave, I believe what you have to do at the moment is withdraw the funds from your Pie, what this does is put it into your main Invest Cash pot and then when you manually invest from the pie, it will take it from there.

1 Like

Hi George, If I set up an auto invest pie and then go to the delete the trading 212 app. Will the auto investment still run? As in is it run server side or does the app need to execute the trades?

Yes it will run. Your Trading 212 account is what matters, and not the specific application that youā€™re running.