AutoInvest - Feedback

Any updates? Kind regards

2 Likes

The concept of pies is great, but the premise that pies should be continually rebalanced goes against the good trading principle of ā€˜let your winners run and cut your losers quicklyā€™. Rebalancing does the opposite.

Ideally I would like to use pies to:

• Import existing positions into a new pie and distribute new funds based on equal amount to each position without fiddling about with percentages.

• Create a space in a pie for a new position by selling an equal amount from each position in the pie without fiddling around with percentages.

• Several family members are running with the same portfolio of stocks, so being able to import / export a pie definition would be good. The existing share featute may be good for small pies, but is less useful for larger pies (30 - 40 positions).

Thanks for your good work.

Ian

4 Likes

This is the only reason I am not using Pies because what about my existing stocks? should I sell them and then again buy them just to create Piesā€¦ why?

You can import all fractional shares you possesā€¦
This feature has been implemented already.

2 Likes

The functionality is not user friendly, as you have to add the first share by yourself then then later you can import you pre-existing shares are following

1. Go into your pie
  2. Go to the ā€˜Holdingsā€™ tab
  3. Scroll to the bottom and click ā€˜More actionsā€™
  4. Import investments

The option should be available on the time of creating the Pie which is hidden in ā€œmore actionsā€.

I have just created a PIE from this URL https://www.trading212.com/pies/l71F4dJAcqHItmVp4J5uRsVK3fLq

Feature Request

1. It would be very helpful if I can just import the pie from any URL
    1.1) Sort functionality by profit or by weight
  2. Now the investment tab is really polluted, There should be a way to hide the shares that are in PIE
    Because I am also investing in penny stocks and I want to see only those stocks to take quick action, Now I have more than 50 shares in the invest tab which is really polluted.

Thanks again for this wonderful feature rich app.

Personally I create pie also for other investment, just to be able to track simply. Just buy via limit/market orders, than import to investment pie.

At least as workaround until some permanent solution.

3 Likes

this is a good option but the shares I have are not fractional shares :frowning:

Hey @george could you implement a import and export to pie under each individual stock holding page? Not a big deal but just a little inconvenient to manually buy a stock, and then have to go back into the pie and scroll to the bottom to import into pie. Thanks

Also, could non-autoinvest pie users be able to set a date for their goal, therefore we could have access to the behind/on track/ahead details without needing to commit to fixed deposits. Itā€™s just a bit boring seeing a tiny little percentage of the goal with no context whether youā€™re on track

1 Like

Are pies really any good as when they are autoninvesting you arenā€™t alway getting good price , what is the best way to do pies?

Iā€™m planning on using pies to replicate/sample some popular ITs and funds within my Isa: SMT, EWI, PCT, ATT, Fundsmith etc.

Iā€™m running into a couple of issues, the first being the 50-instrument limit for pies. I think I read that there are plans to increase it to 100, is there any timeline on that yet?

Also, the other issue Iā€™m having is the minimum 0.5%. Could that be reduced to say 0.1%? It would help a lot in terms of accuracy and save me making arbitrary decisions about whether to drop a holding or increase its weight to 0.5%.

2 Likes

Having exactly the same limitations with the 50 instruments and 0.5% weighing. When they release the nested pies I think the first problem will be solved. Havenā€™t heard anything about the weightings.

1 Like

I would like to see min % set to zero to allow selling or buying some of the pie. I have to jump in and out of pie to do this manually. Also a button to assign equal % target to each slice of pie, or ability to reset to previously saved setting.

The precision of % should be increased to allow equal pie slices.

2 Likes

I think folks use pies in different ways.

I have a portfolio of good stocks and want to add to it with equal amounts as and when I have spare cash over a longer timeframe. The focus is on portfolio performance and not the individual stocks, so getting a good price for every stock is not so important building the position.

If you want to trade individual positions to get optimal entries and exits you would need to do that outside the pie system.

The point of auto-invest is to take away the feeling of trying to time the market. And the entire purpose of a pie is long term so not getting ā€œthe best priceā€ doesnā€™t really matter. The process is called ā€œDollar Cost Averaging (DCA)ā€

Ok thanks for the response, do you have any ideas on ways to set out pies?

Sam,

Looks like you can time your entries using the manual (3rd option) method of adding funds to pie slices. By setting amount to 100% for the stock you are focusing on you can invest in a particular slice.

I can use this feature too. So I donā€™t need to get in an out of pies to manually adjust.

Setting up a pie adding stocks by searching is the easiest way and if you do it all in one go, the system will equal weight the slices within nearest percentage point.

Hi, is there an ETA for the Pie Within Pie feature?

The only feature which I canā€™t just at this moment is autoinvest and that is one of the feature Iā€™m most hyped about. I think its only available in the UK and not in other EU countries like The Netherlands, because I canā€™t use autoinvest with my Dutch bank. Hopefully they will make it soon that more people can just this feature.