AutoInvest - Join the BETA

If you read the thread you will find an answer

4 Likes

Great feature. Will use it for my children as a savings account :slight_smile:

Hi,

I applied for beta about 36 hours ago and havenā€™t seemed to have a reply yet. I donā€™t know if this is because I am using a practice account. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Many thanks

I applied whilst the site was in maintenance mode and couldnā€™t progress mine. Not the same but, I couldnā€™t see you not being allowed to apply for one because your in practice mode. Practice mode is to gain knowledge and hopefully lower the risk of losing your investments

Thatā€™s a very good point

I donā€™t think you should expect a reply to your application. They are not replying individually to every application. When the beta is ready you should receive it.

2 Likes

Have you checked your spam mail? Found mine there

No itā€™s not there- Iā€™ve looked through all inboxes and canā€™t find it

Dont worry, whenever it is ready we will have it. In the meantime lets wait.

I donĀ“t think that they ever said they would reply to applications, I donĀ“t recall getting a reply, so please donĀ“t worry.

3 Likes

Almost everybody that takes investment seriously has to have patient. We are here for the long run.
So if the pie needs 1 or 2 more weeks to be developed it will not change much to our investment strategies.
Every week we get more stocks so the pie will be better next week with 200+ stocks that i think are planed to be added.

1 Like

Thanks once again for this.

Quick question - Iā€™ve read through the thread, but havenā€™t seemed to found an answer to this: would the shares in the pie be reflected in the investment tab?

Would be lovely to have a total view of where all my money is!

2 Likes

Hello George ,
Is there a video tutorial on this ? Also a webinar will be a good way to show off the feature.

Thank you

Yes, those shares will be accounted for in the Investments tab. For us it was very important to enable you to see your overall exposure to a stock or ETF even if the investment is split in several pies.

Here is an example. You own 2 shares of Apple in pie A, another 6 shares in pie B, and you bought manually another 3 shares. Your overall position of Apple amounts to 11 shares and that is the number you will se under the Investments tab.

Another nice thing that weā€™ve included - on the Instrument details page you can see a breakdown of your investment. How many of the shares you own are in pies and how many are bought manually:

Weā€™re preparing a written user guide in our Help Centre. It should be out before the start of the beta. We will most likely add video tutorials to the guide for the official launch of the feature. However, Iā€™m sure that our growing YouTube community will beat us to that :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I will definitely be doing a video guide as soon as the beta comes out!

2 Likes

Can you plug a pie into another pie as if it was normal stock? Nested pie?

I went on a small shopping spree for random shares due to corona, but generally want to have as passive and have as little interaction with broker account as possible.

Iā€™d like to make a pie to replicate ETFs not available in the EU, then merge it with other standard ETFs and have one direct debit a month for that master pie.

This will reduce number of opportunities for me to be exposed to speculation on stuff I really have no idea about.

Hi, why hasnā€™t the beta been launched it was meant to be launched at the end of before May ?

There is a progress update several posts above. Probably in around 1 week we can have the beta AutoInvest.

3 Likes

It didnā€™t lunch because @George fell a sleep, forgot to push da buttonā€¦ :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I would prefer if you released a robust API to 212.

Your napkin code looks nice, but Iā€™m not a fan of learning new language and syntax that will be used on one website

The napkin code was a joke, no? Surprisingly some people think it was serious!

1 Like