AutoInvest - Join the BETA

Hurry up and let us in then !:slight_smile:

1 Like

Already in the ToDo :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@George :point_up_2: any chance you can look at the question above?

To how many decimal points will dividends be calculated, truncated, rounded up or down, and reported for pies? The Apple holding in @George’s pie will produce around 0.0022 euros dividend per quarter. Will something so small be reported and added to an investor’s free funds?

iShares IITU has 71 stocks. So in theory, I could create a pie that is nearly the same, but does not incur the 0.15% charge and the US dividend tax would be deductible against UK tax (whereas dividends from IITU are not deductible). But if tiny dividends are truncated to 0 that will not be such an attractive idea.

2 Likes

Hi George,

Are ‘nesting pies’ already part of the pies update or will it be implemented after launch?

Thanks for the great work you do.

Excellent news guys. Well done :+1:. Just took extra shifts at work to be able to invest more. Happy days :partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Assuming long term investing, I guess the more attractive part of ETFs are that distribution of stocks are adjusted over time depending on tracked index, rather than provided basket of stocks as with fractional shares you can already mimic an ETF in T212 even without pies. So, you can copy a ETF but cannot get its dynamic nature unless you plan to update share distributions over time.

Yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It will be rounded to 2 decimal points. So if your investment produces 0.0022 you will get 0.00, and if it produces 0.005 you’ll get 0.01

3 Likes

Initially no, but we’ll add this option as soon as possible. We don’t want to delay AutoInvest because of it.

1 Like

That’s perfect, as along as we get the option in future

2 Likes

I’ve signed up for the beta in the morning but still haven’t gotten access to this yet. Have any of you been able to use this?

We’ll start activating the beta users just before the end of the month.

14 Likes

I thought that this would be released into the main app this month?

1 Like

Can’t wait for this!

1 Like

So just to confirm a pie will be separate from any existing holdings, i.e the same companies can be part of the pie but current shares won’t be reflected?

So essentially we will need to start from scratch or just ignore existing holdings for now which in my head sort of negates the point unless I’m missing something? Loving the function though and reinvestment, would want to apply to the whole portfolio asap though ideally

7 Likes

I’m very disappointed, I really wanted to murge my investments

Will come eventually, if you want to wait before setting up pies then go for it, but I don’t see why. Start using the pies and then when the update comes you can merge it. I’d rather get the pies ASAP than have to wait to get the merging functionality with the update

2 Likes

very good news for us, now waiting the beta!!

Can we start off with a lump sum? Then switch to monthly.