Baillie Gifford [discussion] 📃

Page #1

Page #2

Page #3

2 Likes

But then again, as I’ve already showed in my case, it doesn’t make a difference. It all comes down to the weighting of different funds.

1 Like

Thank you so much - super interesting

May I ask how you have obtained access to Ark?

Top 10 most-popular trusts: November 2020
Ranking Trust Sector Rank change from October One-year performance to Dec 1 (%) Three-year performance to Dec 1 (%)
1 Scottish Mortgage Global no change 108 152.8
2 Baillie Gifford China Growth Asia Pacific ex Japan Up 3 54.4 65.1
3 Fidelity China Special Situations Asia Pacific ex Japan -1 77.4 71.9
4 JP Morgan China Growth & Income Asia Pacific ex Japan no change 101.5 109.2
5 Pacific Horizon Asia Pacific ex Japan new entry 119.9 122.7
6 Baillie Gifford Shin Nippon Japan no change 38.7 47.9
7 Allianz Technology Technology & Media -4 67.9 134.4
8 Edinburgh Worldwide Global Smaller Companies -1 61.2 127.7
9 City of London UK Equity Income no change -12.6 -3.4
10 Monks Global new entry 35.7 66.1

_

i created my own pie based on their daily holdings

easiest way is to use a vlookup from it. others in this community have had other elaborate methods. just search for ARK funds and you’ll see a lot of discussions where people post their pies and methods to replicate ARK funds

Is it just me or is nobody here invested in Pacific Horizon? I can’t find any mention of it in the thread.

I might stick some dosh in, but since nobody else has, it makes me wonder I’ve missed something.

1 Like

’ OVERVIEW

Pacific Horizon aims to achieve capital growth through investment in the Asia-Pacific region (excluding Japan) and the Indian Sub-continent.’

From their website. They had me at ‘excluding Japan’. I had a look on the app and couldn’t find it though.

I have a small amount in it

Shouldn’t matter if no one here has. It’s 1 and 3 year performance figures speak for themselves.

It’ll be in countless traditionally-held SIPPs, ISAs, Bonds, etc. and will have been for years. BG has been popular amongst long-term investors for a long time.

1 Like

It’s there - try the ticker PHI rather than the name.

Tried the ticker PHI and its 14th down on the list for some reason. I see it now!

When I search for it to add to a pie however it doesn’t pop up.

Edit: Ah, it’s non fractional thats why. @David is is possible for Pacific Horizon PHI.LON from Baillie Gifford to be made fractional?

1 Like

i bought in a few days ago too. always turned up on my weekly stock screening and i wondered what ETF that was. PS - i’m a noob lol

snooped it the moment it turned up on one of those “this week’s new stocks” list

Is anyone any clearer about BGCG and when/how BG will issue new shares to bring down the eye-watering premium? Will be a good opportunity to buy in when it happens. The question is when?

“On 01 December 2020, owing to demand in the market, the Company announces the issuance of 200,000 Ordinary Shares of 25p each fully paid from Treasury. Following the issuance there will be 50,172,117 Ordinary Shares in issue (excluding the remaining 15,771,883 shares held in Treasury). These shares were issued for cash on 01 December 2020 at a price of 514.00p per share and at a premium to the prevailing net asset value.”

No idea if these are the issues in question, however do you know where you can check these proactively?

1. Head to the BGCG fund page;
  1. Find the link to LSE news bulletins in the left sidebar;

1. Find the relevant headline - in this case ‘Issue of Equity’ - and most likely corresponding date;

Do they have a trust specifically for India then?
Or do they just not consider it at all?

They have a list of funds here. It seems the Pacific Horizon is the fund closest to investing in India.

Curious that they have 5 funds dedicated to Japan. I’d love to know why they think investing in Japan is a good idea.

I’m up 5% on pacific horizon, so at least it’s something

A search online brought me this. They seem to be interested in Reliance Industries, which is an indian company.

I can’t find them listed on any european or USA stock exchange, though investing.com seems to suggest it is:
https://www.investing.com/equities/reliance-industries
imagen

If it is and we can get it on T212 then I will probably look into it.

It seems that most of Baillie Gifford’s offerings are fractional apart from Scottish American Investment Company. Ticker SAIN. Would be great to add this along with the other BG stocks to one of my pies.

I’m current in on SMT, BGCG, USA, EWI & SAIN.

@David / @Tony.V are you able to make SAIN fractional please?