Bounce back help

Hey guys how does bounce back work here i sent money to my deactivated card and %100 the money wont go through to my bank account. What will happen will i get it back on my trading212 account or what will happen to my money? HELP !! I AM VERY NERVOUS

If the funds are returned to us, we’ll allocate them in your Trading 212 account balance. No place for worries at all :ok_hand:

Is there an opinion my money will go to my account but my card is deactivated because it got stolen i got a new card right now and i deposit money from the new card aswell? Please help me out i am in a big stress because i dont know what will happen with my savings

Have you spoken to your bank? In the past when I have gotten refunds on a card that has since been deactivated it still goes into my account.

Card is just authentication method to access funds on your bank account(Debit Card).

What matters is that card is/was linked to the bank account at one point in time.
So even if card is cancelled or expires, refunds are funded back to bank account.
So I would not worry, funds should be visible on your account soon.

1 Like

Yes i have spoke to my bank they told me my money should be sent back to trading212. Somepeople say that i should go to my new card as its a debit but i dont know what to think and i am nervouse because i dont know where my savings are at.

My old card got deactivated/blocked. I deposit somemoney on trading212 a few days ago had no problem but for some reason it got sent to my old card details. Ive been talking to some people and they say it will go to my new card is use debit. I talked to the bank and they said the money will be sent back to trading212. So i dont know what to think will go through or have i just lost my savings

Is there an opinion my money will go to my account but my card is deactivated because it got stolen i got a new card right now and i deposit money from the new card aswell? Please help me out i am in a big stress because i dont know what will happen with my savings

I told you moment ago, card is irrelevant in the refund process…

Card doesn’t store money, your bank account does, card is your ID to access funds to bank account

1 Like

It’s either going to your bank or back to 212, may have to wait a few days because of holidays. Contact 212 support in a few days if nothing has come back and ask them to check on the status of the withdrawal.

Yes but i didnt put my bank account details just debit card details

I have contacted them yesterday but they take a lot of time to replay

… which is why I said wait a few days, lots of holidays atm so responses will probably be slow and bank may not have finished processing return/receipt of funds

What happens to a refund that goes to a canceled debit card?

An airline is refunding money for a flight, but the card I used for the trip is now canceled and I got a new card. The airline won’t let me change the card, though.

Answer.

The refund will still be received as long as the primary account that the closed card was linked to is still active.

You must be losing customers to this system?
The number of people that post the exact same thing on here is unbelievable.
They sit there worried for days while they wait for the money to show up or not show up as the case may be.

Why can’t you verify a withdrawal source prior to withdrawing money? ie verify the bank account with the bank and then send the withdrawn funds there? Why does it have to go back to the original funding source, especially as they are rarely still using the one that initially was used

As Vedran has explained - if you still have the same account then the fact that the card has been cancelled (or expired) is irrelevant and your bank should not be telling you that the funds will be returned to T212.

Anti money laundering regulations I believe. Think it has been answered somewhere before.

Verified account? If you verify a bank account to the identification provided how can it be money laundering?

My trading212 acc was only linked with my debit card not my bank account is there a problem because i dont under stand how people say it will come to my bank account

Not sure why you’re asking me that lol

That’s the answer that’s been given by 212 before, those kind of rules are set by regulators, not me :joy::joy: