Brewdog IPO... but not quite

Invest more than £3,000 and you get your very own Brewdog cask of whisky lol

3 Likes

Oh that would have swung it! Oh well. Their Uncle Dukes is awesome.

1 Like

140 days left to buy a minimum or maximum of how many shares pre-ipo?

Interesting this. Brewdog have lovely beers. I’ve got a bunch of mates who are constantly buying crates off the website. Just started seeing crates being sold in Tesco and Morrisons recently as well.

1 Like

But you can buy Brewdog shares for as little as £10.75 a share. Why would you pay £25?

Where are they available for £10.75 @Dougal1984 ?

I love the firm as well however in the risk sections I’m not too sure how I feel about the potential dilution of class B shares especially if they’re going to have another few rounds to raise 50m. I’m torn!

1 Like

They do say this is their last round of funding before beginning the IPO preparations. You’re right though, it is just a matter of whether COVID conditions might stymie those plans further and force them into more funding.

But the mention of £50m is their ‘stretch goal’ so if it was going to be achieved, it would be achieved in this round of funding.

Just for everyone’s benefit, Dougal1984 was referring to the following;

However this looks to have been suspended currently - no doubt due to the open round of funding.

A shrewd move might be to wait til January got the current funding round to close and see if this reopens, but first I’ve seen of it so not sure if the shares would still be discounted if/when it does reopen.

@Dougal1984 do feel free to correct me on any inaccuracies here and thanks for highlighting.

Bought 4 shares using your link, now I feel like I have to get my mates to a brewdog pub lol :love_you_gesture:t4:

1 Like

Thanks - appreciate it.

Haven’t had time to really get into prospectus and details yet. Just for now what’s the minimum amount and price you can buy, and the maximum amount? Thanks guys

Minimum is 2 shares. There is a maximum but I can’t now find it. Over 200 though.

1 Like

Maximum online is 500, paper application is essentially no limit

1 Like

Where do they say this? I’m not surprised given their capital structure but I can’t find anything.

Good to know :smirk:

Fair question and admittedly having looked back, this is only mentioned in the article that drew me to the crowdfund. The article does state Brewdog have come out and said it but I can’t find anything to back that up myself… but I’m at work so I’m not looking very hard right now. :wink:

This is where I saw it

1 Like

I saw it in iNews.

2 Likes

Has anybody had any experience in selling shares bought like this? Happy to do my own research for the technicalities but I’m after a down to earth simple answer, and to know if it is indeed simple and quick when the time comes to sell.

@Jake.b From their website

WHEN IS YOUR NEXT TRADING DAY SO THAT I CAN SELL MY SHARES?

MODIFIED ON: THU, 10 SEP, 2020 AT 1:10 PM

We aim to hold an annual Trading Day online, to give the opportunity to those who wish to sell their shares. This is a one day event that is launched if we don’t have a live share campaign running, as legally we can’t have both running at the same time.

The date of our next Trading Day is still to be finalised but once it has been confirmed we will notify all share holders, that are subscribed to our mailing list, via email and also on our Equity Punk forum. You can access the forum by logging in to your BrewDog.com account just here.