Brewdog IPO... but not quite

Nice one, thank you @moiettoi

When the company becomes public, what will be the process in my shares being transferred into Trading 212 if they add the instrument to the platform eventually?

Good point… how this think works?

Reviving an old thread but confirmed by BrewDog via an Instagram ad

2 Likes

I guess we will find out next year hopefully?

Would be interesting to get an idea what the shares are actually worth. Hopefully upwards of £20.

@laguiar @Dougal1984

I am doubtful it will be possible as Trading212 keeps a ‘pot’ of all of our shares with Interactive Brokers so unless it’s changed shortly they would have to be moved over to IB then allocated by T212 to each user.

Yes I expect you’re right. Most likely we will receive cash if anything.

I got some shares via the OPs referral link.

I think it will be a good Investment, although those fees (3% I believe?) may mean that this is a long hold rather than Short. I like their ideas of recycling and sustainability and I hope that we get more benefits down the line for holding after the Initial incentives. (I think they shouldn’t charge your free stuff Delivery Costs, but that is just me).

1 Like

Thanks for using the link and I agree on all points. This is a long, long hold for me.

1 Like

I’m interested in this but would very much prefer to keep my investments within a broker that I can visually and easily manage.

I like the brand and company, just purchasing this way has its benefits and downsides imo.

1 benefit being is you can actually take advantage of shareholder perks for once, and a downside being its harder to buy more or sell your position.

The management side of owning shares direct this way, not in a portfolio or with a broker is close to a deal breaker to me, as I wouldn’t know where to start on selling them if I needed to get out quickly. (not because I need the cash quickly) but if the company was in trouble and I wanted to close my position before making a huge loss for example?

Does anybody have similar thoughts or additional advantages and disadvantages worth knowing? Bearing in mind I’m relatively new to trading. Thanks

Bought 2 shares back in September
On my account I see: Shareholder Number: Pending Allotment
What does Pending allotment means? Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah the problem is you have to sell your shares on a specific date on the AGM they provide and there is a 3% Spread Fee when you sell, which can be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I bought into the Share program as the benefits outweigh the negatives and plan on holding this for a long time. Once they start giving out Dividends you will be given a cheque most likely once a year.

@moiettoi It’s just awaiting confirmation as they can’t distribute the shares just yet until the date when they IPO I believe.

You will buy the shares as you have paid for them but you have to wait until Jan for it to complete

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional info, I didn’t know you had to wait for specific dates to be able to sell. If the company is in trouble or having a bad year, offloading is really restricted via this method.

Appreciate the reply :+1:

1 Like

@Venetia1993,

I think it’s the date that the fundraise closes, which is next month. Allotment should occur after that.

@Scott, there are specific dates allocated by Brewdog themselves, but they actively encourage anyone who might want to buy or sell out with those dates to look on their community forums, as some users hold ad hoc buy/sell days.

2 Likes

Last day tomorrow for anyone who’s still considering it;

1 Like

Good luck to you all

I cannot actually open the latests prospectus. When I download it and open it it gives me an error.
I guess I will just have to base it on the previous prospectus, which I have downloaded on my computer.

Edit: I read it when you posted it and I remember being concered with the share structure (Class A and B from what I can see now) so I think I will just invest the minimum of 2 shares, on principle, because I like the sustainability and business ethos of what they do (offsetting carbon emissions with renewable energy, using electric vehicles, sharing a small part of profits with employees, etc).

There is value in the 2 shares - discount at bars, free drink on your birthday, etc.

If you’re after more, then look at the resale website.

2 Likes

I believe these are the benefits of holding two shares :smiley: :

imagen

Longest day ever…!

No idea what time zone they’re working from.