Broker Comparison Table

Thank you.
I literally made one comment. A single sentence at that!

2 Likes

I guess i am the main culprit, I thought they might take it with good spirit . When Robinhood started we used to bash it and they actually made amazing product. I should apologize but not sure how to their team since they have banned me ? But i being new here to this country and using both the apps was just adding my views

1 Like

I also got banned … just for liking your post, I think. :rofl:

What a way to treat investors and customers!

4 Likes

Thanks @Ivan you guys are actually doing great . I really like using your app. I would just like you to widen your reach , cause when i started to trade in this country only free broker app that i was able to hear was that from Freetrade because the active community that they have and may be i was just stupid not to do my research. But eventually i was not happy with what they have currently compared to you guys

5 Likes

I got banned as well (I did post the above table, as I said I have no affiliation to either platform other than holding a similar amount in each). With the intent of seeing who has the best platform to potential move from my legacy broker.

It does seem like an echo chamber for how great FT is and how the “new platform” will change everything.

My experience here has been far superior I’ve asked for 7 new stocks on this platform and got them within two weeks. On FT I have voted for stocks as far back as middle of last year and they are still not there.

8 Likes

If it’s any consolation I see that ITM has now been added …

3 Likes

Ahhh brilliant! The plan worked :rofl:

3 Likes

I thought my ban for a sentence was excessive!

A like got you banned. Just wow.

1 Like

My account was temporarily suspended for ‘suspected shilling’ which is frankly ridiculous. I don’t even have an account on trading212, let alone I’m affiliated with them. I am quite disappointed and will probably switch to trading 212, as it seems it offers better features and prices anyway.

7 Likes

Any comment on that post by any one has got them a suspension. I hope they have not suspended their beta testers :wink:

1 Like

Great table which matches my personal experience. But I think the fee you quote for Degiro is for a UK share, where 100 ULVR has a fee of £2.79. But the Degiro fee for a purchase of a US share is much less, eg 10/100 MSFT has £0.42/£0.72 fee.

I very much like your trading platform and that is it being continually improved. I have had great experience with customer chat.

Can I raise one concern? Maybe you can set my mind at rest. I do wonder about costs on larger trades. So far as I can tell your spreads are a little bit greater than some other brokers. For example, right now Interactive Investor is quoting sell/buy for MSFT with a spread of $0.01. You have $0.03. So on a 100 share purchase I will pay $1.50 less with Interactive Investor (so long as my trading credit is used, otherwise £7.99, and also so long as I have a balance of USD with them, so don’t have to pay fx). It will cost me $6 more on 400 shares. Degrio also has a smaller spread of 1-2 cents. Am I wrong? Of course on such a very large purchase I might use a limit order. But might it then be that my order is filled with another broker, but missed by you because your offer price is always going to be that tiny bit greater?

3 Likes

You need not worry about the sale of a share with a 20% gain creating a capital gains tax liability. Any trades on the same day are matched. I have sometimes moved positions between brokers this way: Put cash in Broker B where you want to hold the position. Open trading platforms for Brokers A and B. Ar the same instant place sell and buy orders in A and B. On a share with tight spread my loss can be 0, or just a pound. There is likely be a tiny capital loss, which can eventually be set against some other gain when computing capital gains tax.

You can try to be clever and buy in B for less that you sold in A, but I don’t try to do that. The point is that you can switch a position between brokers in one minute for less than some charge to do it over weeks (AJ Bell £25, Degiro 10 euros). Of course the constraint is that you can only move as much as you have free cash on hand.

2 Likes

Maybe add Flatex (German free broker) too to the comparison?

1 Like

So both mine and @Beans17 posts are hidden. I am surprised by their response. I feel its really risky to stay with them considering their attitude red flag to many future and existing investors

3 Likes

@Richard.W The price feed that you’re seeing might not equal the execution price. Nonetheless, rest assured that you’ll always be getting the best execution price possible, every single time. It’s illegal to mark up the spread.

P.S. Just checked MSFT & the spread is $0.01.

4 Likes

Hi @David. I’m very glad to hear that! I thought perhaps a wider spread was how you funded free trading or made a profit, as brokers do with CFDs. If prices are just as keen as any other platform that gives me confidence. I did not know it is illegal to mark up spread. But I have noticed that my purchases have never been for less than what was on the screen. Sometimes more.

Interactive Investor, AJ Bell, Hargreaves Lansdown have a system whereby one sees an offer and has 10 seconds to push an accept button and obtain that price exactly. What you see is what you get. What are the disadvantages of that system? There must be a good reason that you and Degiro do not do it.

I have a couple suggestions.

I think it would be nice if the phone app could show both buy and sell prices even before one owns any shares, as the desktop platform does. I like the desktop platform of course. But the phone app is reslly good. I made purchases yesterday while at the gym.

Could the desktop platform be made to make audible beeps when alerts are triggered?

2 Likes

This is beyond funny :rofl:

This is key point.

One thing I learned is not to trust ratings either on appstore, trustpilot or banking awards.
To get good ratings/awards all you need is lot of crowdfunded investors.

2 Likes

I’d love to see this. Live quotes for buys and sells would be great.

I think etoro is missing from the table. But they are pretty much a scam with all their crazy withdrawal fees so I understand why did not include them.

6 Likes

@Ivan Your answer makes sense to me. I had always wondered about how this system works. It feels nice to have the certainty, but after 10 seconds you may indeed be buying at more than the current market price, I am accustomed to this legacy solution on other platforms I have used, but feel I can adapt to this way of doing things.

3 Likes