Canceled Order executed after Market Close - Now negative Market Value

1. I had a cancelled but STUCK Order of 700 SNDL shares.
  2. I was still able to sell my full amount of SNDL. So i had 0 SNDL. The stuck order was still not processed.
  3. But after the market closed at 22:03 i got this message

1. YOUR SYSTEM BOUGHT (NOT SOLD AS INTENDED) 700 SNDL SHARES

2. NOW I HAVE NEGATIVE MARKET VALUE OF THE STOCK - Look at Picture below

1. The Buy-Order is still active

1. Should i cancel the BUY ORDER OR NOT?

Accout: Investing - RealMoney

Exact same thing happened to me, not sure what to do now.

https://community.trading212.com/t/urgent-stock-value-in-negative-glitch/40952/4?u=alien

Doesn’t sound a “rare situation” looking at all the new posts on the forum…

I had never ever any problem with GME

I know, it is the official answer to a similar situation.

Just trying to get my head round this so

0 > 700

Then sold

700 > 0 :white_check_mark:

System sold 700 shares again

0 > -700

And then the system bought 700 to get back to zero?

-700 > 0

I think that’s right - at least that’s what I understand. My only concern is that the rebuy is going to cost me.

Yes, correct. The system wanted to sell 700 shares at 22:03, which were previously already sold by me. Then the system converted the SELL to a BUY order. The 700 SNDL were added to my account but with a negative market value because unable to buy at 22:03. Don’t know if my stuck sell order of 700 SNDL had anything to do with the automated SELL order at 22:03 but the amount of 700 was the same in the my stuck sell order and in the automated order.

The active automated order ist there to buy the shares effectively because the system was not able to buy them at 22:03.

I don’t know what will cost me more, cancelling the order or let it buy. If i cancel it, i will probably have an inconsistent account forever.

@Rumen sounds to me like a system blip. This needs some eyes to sort out manually.

Update: The system carried out the automated buy order. But removed the stocks from my portfolio also. So for now, it looks like the problem is solved. I got still a system message that the share got bought.

1 Like