Demerger - process

Hi! Is there any news/update on this? As far as I know the transaction took place yesterday and the company Organon is already trading in the market :see_no_evil:.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,

Nick

3 Likes

Hi! Is there any news/update on when the proceeds of the spinoff of Organon from Merck will be deposited into the accounts of Merck shareholders by Trading212?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,

Nick

3 Likes

Do we get the cash equivalent for Organon as it was on 3rd June, around $34, or the price on the day that T212 eventually distribute it.

Edit: received it now at $28.10 per share.

2 Likes

I got it too! Do you maybe understand why we got $28.10 instead of something in the price range at which the stock was trading on 03/06? It seems like Trading212 withheld a 15% dividend tax on the proceeds ($28.10 / 0.85 = around $33 per share). The notification also said “Dividend Paid”… Do you know if this is correct? Since when we would have gotten the shares, I can’t imagine we had to pay “dividend tax” on them…

@_Ricardo @Nick OGN shares were sold at the market and the proceeds were distributed in whole to the eligible accounts. No tax withholding was applied.

Ah alright, makes sense! Thank you for your reply :innocent:

Hi Rumen, 7 months on from your January post and Accustem shares are finally (!!) being distributed to shareholders - UK on 8th, US 14th July - prior to the IPO (which presumably will be a couple of weeks later).

Has anything changed at @T212 or are shareholders still to have their shares sold on opening and the proceeds given to us?

If the latter, what’s the time frame for the distribution of the money back to us?

Thanks in advance!

@Cezza Yes, shareholders will receive gross proceeds from the sale of the spin-off shares. Sale and distribution will take place, once the instrument is available on a trading venue.

We’ll update you immediately, once new information is available & confirmed :v:

2 Likes

Has there been any news on this. I’m holding both Discovery and GSK, both of which will be undertaking spin-offs/dermergers in the near future. I’m holding them precisely because I want to own shares in the new entities, and not have cash distributed to me once shares in the new company have already risen. Have you made any progress in making this possible?

1 Like

I would also be interested in an update on this. If it is possible to accommodate a rights issue as is happening with EasyJet, is this not too dissimilar?

@Hris.M @B.E @David

Hey, @TigerTom :wave:

The feature is still under development and we’ll share updates once it is implemented. Unfortunately, we are not able to give any time frames and we’ll distribute the cash equivalent of the new shares when it comes to such corporate events.

What will happen to our SPRT shares now after the merger. I can’t find GREE

Will this be done today and will existing SPRT share will be converted to GREE

Hey @vinay_mundra, the share conversion mechanism is still not in operation.Therefore, since SPRT holders are entitled to shares from Greenidge Generation Holdings, Inc. - shares of the latter will be sold at the market price today and funds will be allocated to each shareholder account within the following days.

More information on the way we handle such corporate events can be found in this article in our Help Centre.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hi ,

But I dont want to sell off my share as it will be big loss . How the price is determined and whats the criteria

Regards
Vinay

Same… Situation, i don’t want sell my shares.

The price is now 55% plus 55% last night, how long trading 212 will wait to sold our shares ? Hopefully not for $11 so we loose 99% of our portfolio.

1 Like

So, at the end of the day, we do not control our shares. As a sample, I also have SPRT shares on Interactive broker( which t212 uses) they converted my shares when the market opened. So weird…

At least they converted and you have control on your share as when you want to sell but in t212 we don’t have any control .
I can wait for couple of weeks to see how price move and then decide when to sell my share but now they are saying they will sale based on current market value and we don’t even know how it is determined

2 Likes

Greenidge Generation Holdings Inc. Class A Common Stock (GREE) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance currently 44.99 and dropping from 102 since 2 p.m.