Demerger - process

Hi! Is there any news/update on this? As far as I know the transaction took place yesterday and the company Organon is already trading in the market :see_no_evil:.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,

Nick

3 Likes

Hi! Is there any news/update on when the proceeds of the spinoff of Organon from Merck will be deposited into the accounts of Merck shareholders by Trading212?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,

Nick

3 Likes

Do we get the cash equivalent for Organon as it was on 3rd June, around $34, or the price on the day that T212 eventually distribute it.

Edit: received it now at $28.10 per share.

1 Like

I got it too! Do you maybe understand why we got $28.10 instead of something in the price range at which the stock was trading on 03/06? It seems like Trading212 withheld a 15% dividend tax on the proceeds ($28.10 / 0.85 = around $33 per share). The notification also said “Dividend Paid”… Do you know if this is correct? Since when we would have gotten the shares, I can’t imagine we had to pay “dividend tax” on them…

@_Ricardo @Nick OGN shares were sold at the market and the proceeds were distributed in whole to the eligible accounts. No tax withholding was applied.

Ah alright, makes sense! Thank you for your reply :innocent: