Did you buy the dip? (buying the dip)

It wasn’t PSE before though, there were a couple of OTC that got added that weren’t exempt.

The reason for adding is not technical it’s the red tape.

Still odd to not inform people before Market Open, no?

Less headaches to explain beforehand that they halted the Security, or maybe not add them otherwise.

ClickStream CLIS on sell only, cant buy now @admins

@admins isn’t a tag.

Just click on it, it’s a group tag for all T212 team.
You learn new things everyday.

2 Likes

@StockPicker
It lost the Penny Stock Exempt.

1 Like

Thanks for swift response :smile:

1 Like

I stand corrected. Twice in one day.

I’m off for a nap.

The group tag should be disabled in my opinion as it’s easy abusable.

1 Like

before you go take look at these charts![nasdaq|690x255]
(upload://tt6J0MHRWZ6WhPaCIpPnt7oQU5.jpeg)

Maybe Friday maybe a green day, not sure anyway, :crossed_fingers:

God knows mate. It’s a similar pattern to yesterday so maybe not.

2 Likes

@Jobloggs. Interesting take. I’ve recently done a comparison between SPX and SMT over the last 20 years after listening to Tom’s take on a study of indexes over the last century. If I remember right, less than 10 % of stocks in the index were responsible for the gains over time. Again, if it would be that easy, everyone would do it. :wink: But the more I read about and follow BG, the more I like them. cc @Joey_Fantana

1 Like

You’re absolutely right there will be exceptions to the rule, but very few exceptions from the research I’ve done.

Out of 350+ funds only 11 funds as of 2018 over a period from the 70s outperformed the S&P500 index. Then when you consider the fees as well, a fund well be around 1% say and an index will be 0.22%, over a long period of time that will matter. For instance, for the first 15 years of your graph with the fees factored in then the index would of won :wink:

In 2007 Buffet challenged any takers on a bet and the proceeds of the bet would go to a selected charity. The bet was to beat the index over 5 years, the index won in the end and Buffets charity benefited from this. Peter Lynch at the end of his career was also an advocate of this method.

BG is a good comparison though as if you look at any performance table they generally are topping that table. For the foreseeable in that 20-30% will be held as BG for me. If there is a “crash” I would say that would be the time when index’s are maybe more efficient.

But there probably isn’t a right or wrong answer. There will be people out there and funds that for periods of times will be the market. For me, I’m looking over a 35 year period and I believe that individual stock picks and funds will struggle to beat the index over that timeframe. And also, right now we’re in an extremely strange period.

EDIT: and maybe no one really does it because it’s a really boring way of investing and phycology doesn’t give the fulfilment as much as “I got that right”

@libreus @Joey_Fantana bloody reply button

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with the studies between funds and indexes. My point was merely about the BG funds (especially SMT with 0.36 % fee). And yes, there’s no right answer. I’m also thinking to add an index beside the BG Pie. Been looking at the iShares MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF Class USD.

P.s. I’m 85 % sure I’ve clicked the reply button, but later when realized that it was not applied, I’ve edited the post and tag you. :wink:

1 Like

That’s a Brilliant write up

Brilliant, I like this part :+1:

Futures pointing higher on all indices, definitely a green opening for US markets which what I trade mostly. happy to see some green, hopefully, it will last with the stimulus approval in the wings. :crossed_fingers:

It’s looking good today so far! I only check my holdings on a Friday and I’m on track to end the week the same as I started thanks to the FX :joy:

Cheers mate. Don’t listen to me too much as I used Data Dog as an example yesterday and it was one of the only greens for the day :joy:

Your grounded mate, I like your research/write-ups :+1: