Did you buy the dip? (buying the dip)

why did the exchange rate have to go up again!!!

my Realty income is 4% down just due to FX now :joy:

Risk on this week for cable … one hint of bad vaccine news and I feel Sterling will take a hit. Until then I shall just be bitter about only hedging half of my portfolio.

Suppressing the ftse nicely though for the short term for a 6m run to 7500

China looks to be on the up after a dip weds/thurs this week, took it as oppourtunity to enter some ETFs I been looking at.

US holdings mixed today for me, JPM keeps not pulling back I was sure I was gonna get a chance to add more under $140 haha, oh well not adding to US stocks right now I think.

Keeping an eye on BP if under 260p and HSBC if under 400p but think it wont unless earning/dividend reinstatement goes bad.

Good shout on bp super bullish on them. Amat and glen are also both I have interests in.

Still ops on Databog

Plug 56.30 +6.07 +12.08%
FUV 22.360 +1.600 +7.71%
Datadog Inc 106.44 +0.04 +0.04%
Heat Biologics 9.7000 +0.3900 +4.19%
Just Energy 6.040 +0.490 +8.83%

got my spread in so far on existing position for smaller gains until I find myself an opportunity that feels right. will help free up some of my tied up funds for more consolidated choices.

sure, they still gonna dip again anyway :+1:

Don’t worry Dao, I’m about 8% down on RTX due to FX :roll_eyes:

EDIT : same on Disney :joy:

The FTSE will run soon I think it’s one of the strongest recovery plays. My worry is that once the euphoria is over and the debt becomes clear what it’ll look like, but that’ll be the same for every economy.

What did you go for in the end out of curiosity?

decided to grab a couple shares in SMT for now and helped lower my RR average a bit :stuck_out_tongue: and a little in O to adjust the FX impact.

1 Like

Which do you think is a better play STAG or O?

1 Like

Both look good but History says Realty Income is better.

Although STAG has some interesting aspects to it as well.

I do buy the dip.

If it is a well known or blue-chip stocks making a dip and are getting attentions of many wall street analysist, the first one, I will check the price target of these analysts, whether the current dip is already below the price target.

Thereafter I will check what cause that dip, it is fundamental in business or just because of market sentiment such as over reaction to news of earning report, the issue that is raised by activists because these activists do not like the way these companies conduct the business, etc.

After I managed to check all of that, that is where I start using the technical indicators to estimate where the bottom is using technical indicators such as, the next resistance Level in candle stick, 50 SMA, such as RSI, MACD

I remember a while ago I checked the valuation of Palantir (PLTR), Fuel Cell (FCEL) and the dip they are making and I saw many wall street analysts still do not like the valuation of these stocks, even after aking a dip. For that reason I skip it. But I am aware that ARK Invest keep buying PLTR at the current price so it might still be OK.

I would like to learn more about what you are checking, how you decide to buy the dip for a stock currently making a dip and at which price? If you could share it, it will be great.

2 Likes

You are doing everything right, my only concern would be trying to call a bottom on a stock. this the most tricky aspect of investing. A would say that a combination of fundamentals, technical and market sentiments for a start can bring yo close to the right price entry point. (Markets sentiment used to your own advantage)

1 Like

Some more dips today, or perhaps a more sustained decline, who knows but if wanting china exposure FCSS, VFEM, HMCA all on a tasty dip.

2 Likes

This is one of the worse days of 2021, Red Monday, the rotation trade is getting erratic :stuck_out_tongue:

Again portfolio slightly greenish, however added some on juicy dips in OLED/VRTX… keep em coming.

I even seen 1D Fallers, TSLA on top, first time I seen TSLA in fallers segment.

I guess buy the dip? :thinking:

Sold 75% of my Tesla over the last month but not buying this dip.
I bought into the dip on CASA systems and looking to buy into Kulicke and Soffa if it drops a bit lower. These two look really good to me

Today was more like it. I’ve been sitting on about 40% cash, so it was nice to be able to add to some of my positions without paying too far over the odds. Strangely, I enjoy red days more than green ones because it’s the only time I invest outside of regular monthly contributions.

1 Like