Did you buy the dip? (buying the dip)

looks good, but it looks like their is still more downside on the market

So was there any specific news that triggered this? I can’t see anything other that Trump news.

Im just going to average in to a position over the next few weeks, KLIC looks like it could drop a bit more hopefully

Short answer

By the look of the chart it might be like catching one of the below. That is if you believe in charts, it’s broke the 50 day

As far as I can tell, it seems the longer-term picture for inflation and interest rates has finally begun to dawn on the markets.

2 Likes

lol

Nice lil pun with short answer too.

Just that usually there is a catalyst that sparks it. It just seemed that simultaneously the whole markets and EV sector especially went f.uck! Sell everything! All at the same time. I don’t know if it was everyone using TSLA as the yard stick and reacting but it seemed to ripple into everything about 45mins towards close.

DON’T PANIC!

1 Like

I actually loaded the boat with FCEL near close.

Probably a stupid decision. I would imagine a slight recovery AH/pre so should be ok to escape from if it turns really sour.

:thinking: It might be alright

1 Like

Back to your earlier question: It’s compounded by the usually suspects,Vacinatinn, herd immunity and reopening. The airline stocks did well today @phildawson

I was expecting BA to crash with engine failure.

Be a contrarian. Take advatage of sector/market rotation.

I will let people who get afraid of price drop will sell tech stock and buy the recovery stocks such as Airlines, Cruises, Banks.

But to me Instead of buying these receovery stock I prefer to buy blue chip stocks on the dip such as Facebook and sell it back when they are back to long time high. The stock like this will almost certin be bouncing back.

1 Like

@Jobloggs I didn’t notice any indexes you mentioned you’ll shift over time. You’re still on a hunt? :wink:

Oh of course. Always :ok_hand:

1 Like

Any reason why the UK Stocks bounced in the first hour?

The fact that pay day is tomorrow is working out really well for me. I would have bought the dip on Thursday last week only to be kicking myself now. I’m secretly hoping for another red day today and tomorrow!

It’ll just be the lockdown road map, coupled with a positive vaccine programme

1 Like

I thought the Shareholders would have anticipated this after that leak the day before. :laughing:

I was bullish on the FTSE 250 before thank goodness or else it’d be more expensive to buy shares

1 Like

Yeah you’re right. They’ve been leaking stuff for weeks now.

On payday I’ll just be buying up some FTSE250 :ok_hand:

1 Like

GSK is the only one bucking the trend it seems. Down under £12 a share now.

My strongest FTSE 250 Position, BritVic shot up to 10%!!!

I keep looking at GSK but it’s such a terrible chart I’m not sure when the bottom is!

3 Likes