Disappearing of funds

Dear Community,

I hereby complain to you for the unlawful withdrawal of funds.

I sold 2200 shares of hexo on limit order using my trading 212 invest account today (09/06/2020) as soon as the market opened. Once that was processed i got a message saying something related to negative balance. Right now I can see everything is zero in my portfolio section whereas in the top middle I can see only some of my my funds. The rest are missing. I even deposited further funds to see if that would help bring them back but it didnā€™t. Please help!

1 Like

If youā€™ve sold all your portfolio it would show as 0 balance surely? You can see that it has went from a certain figure to todayā€™s 0 (as sold off). Have you checked the trade has actually fulfilled yet?

Please ignore the portfolio screenshot. A big chunk of my free funds vanished after I closed my positions. As a result I went into history and notifications to see what happened. Apparently the same time I closed my position on the stock I was trading the application by itself was buying back the same amount of shares by itself at a lower price but at the same time? I had no limit order to buy in the first place so I donā€™t know how that happened. It said ā€˜order placed on your behalfā€™ and underneath it said ā€˜this order was placed to protect you from a negative balanceā€™. There were many purchases that had this message. I will share a screenshot underneath. The funny thing is even if this was the case I have no opened positions. So why did this happen? And if it did Where is it?

No idea mate. Looks like itā€™s protecting you from something but what, I canā€™t understand. Send support an email and hopefully someone can help you out. Be great to hear what it is as this place Iā€™m learning more and more each day from peoples problems :slight_smile:

Postive from negative and all that

Still no word from them mate. Thanks for showing your support. Appreciate it. All the best to you.

1 Like

Was a technical glitch today resulting in a big influx of support tickets. Iā€™m still awaiting a reply myself but, once in the queue itā€™s only a matter of time before itā€™s seen to

Other users experienced similar issues but their account values increased instead lol.

I sold 2200 shares of hexo as soon as the market opened today and suddenly a huge portion of my funds disappeared. After looking into this I have found that instead of selling 2200 shares it sold 3300 and then re bought 2200 for no odd reason at a lower price by itself. Stating that this position was bought on my behlf to protect my account from a negative balance.
That is what my history tells me but in reality a huge portion of my funds just disappeared nor do I have any open positions.

Unfortunately mine decreased in value lol

My funds vanished too. How did you lose yours?

I think itā€™s better if you contact someone of the customer team. This guy needs some help. @Team212 @David Thanks

Thanks for showing your concern pal. Iā€™ve received a forwarded email. Letā€™s see what happens.

I wonder if itā€™s the same issue described in this thread:

Of course! Please let us know what happen, in case they answer by email. Itā€™s good to learn from others experiences

2 Likes

@Sab Weā€™ve made the necessary correction - please, confirm if everythingā€™s okay. :slight_smile:

The issue was that you had a limit sell but also placed a market sell which didnā€™t cancel the limit sell in time & you basically managed to sell twice what you actually owned. However, our correcting execution wasnā€™t calculated correctly & caused some discrepancies. We deployed a fix so that shouldnā€™t happen in the future.

Thank you @David for finally getting in touch. I have received a deposit of Ā£(X amount) which mustā€™ve been the amount that was withdrawn from my account. However, the initial email received mentioned that I will be compensated for this glitch on your behalf. Please tell me what is the compensation in this?

Nice to see refunds coming in none the less