Doji Star on Tesla?

I for one if it stays around the 695 levels will be closing my position for sure.

God knows what Monday will bring. The volume is going crazy.

1 Like

I agree, Tesla always rises higher, then drops like a lead balloon (i’m exaggerating) until the next bit of news. Tesla done very well to add additional shares to the float and still be bullish… but the inclusion of S&P has been a bullish factor for a while, so i’m keen to see what Elon will be doing next week which is news worthy to hold the bullish behaviour.

Lets hope Elon says Tesla is overpriced on twitter, then we get a pullback, the people shorting get there money, and everyone else scoops up more cheap shares. Win win

2 Likes

Is this becoming a cult? Don’t get me wrong I do currently own this stock and like to ride the wave :ocean: :rocket: as much as anyone and have traded Tesla a couple of time this year but this is becoming insane :thinking: They are now starting to make up words like Teslanaires for people who have become millionaires after investing in Tesla. And Elon has sold not just EVs but Flamethrowers and Tequila :man_facepalming: Are we investing in an EV company? A Flamethrower company? Or is it like a roulette? I hope everything on Monday falls on red :wink: or black :man_shrugging: (I have no idea how roulette is played)

I am starting to see a pattern develop here. It looks like there are parts of the market that are just like the Regular World Wide Web (with rules and most people try to play nice) and part of the market look like the Dark Web (with absolutely no rules and anything goes).

We live in an interesting world where on Monday the market will react more if Elon goes on Twitter and says “I have a third nipple” instead of a public statement from Tesla’s financial officer saying “we sold a million cars”. :man_shrugging: Or am I misreading the situation?

Will have to wait and see but I have never seen something go up and down this much in the last 20 minutes of trading. The Quant bots were very active at the end of the day :thinking:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/tesla-s-tsla-stock-price-an-army-of-millionaire-retail-traders-hold-on

The thing with Tesla is Elon Musk has been so successful in virtually everything he has done to a level that no-one else has ever achieved, for this reason people have to bet on a winner.

He to me has made the biggest turning point in green energy for our civilisation and has made everyone look, listen and to a degree agree with his current and future concepts.

Couple that to his vast and fast approach to humanity colonising other planets, the wealth of raw materials this will produce and you have in my view a one off man that will be remembered for centuries ahead and maybe even become of a god-like character to those that live on other planets.

Who doesn’t want to be part of that story?

Only issue shorting Tesla is the leverage is still at 1:2 on Trading212.

Surely that’s cfd not short?

Yes I agree me too, we need to take this beast down.

2 Likes

Please do, the more shorts the better chance of it rising further

Yes you’re correct. I didn’t realise there was a short option on the invest side

I agree T212 margin/leverage isn’t good for TSLA, however other brokers up-to 1:6 :wink:

I didn’t realise there was a shorting options on the Invest side, i’ll have to look into that.

It will be under an ETF wrapper.
IE the ETF tries to track the inverse of the performance on the day.

you have a few - such as x3 inverse TSLA If I recall correctly.

So, technically you can short on invest side by investing in one of these ETFs.
But you are limited to UK time - NOT US - as the market for ETFs closes wit the UK time.
again - from what I can recall.

1 Like

That would be pointless then as the majority of the volume is at the start and finish us time

Not 100% useless though if you want to trade pre-market to the US open.
Still - not something I have used in all honesty.

Not sure it would work like that as it wouldn’t be following pre market or after hours it would only consider trades in the uk

Same, I will watch the spectacle

I think the doji is there actually.
But is only medium significance so the rally can still carry on.

Looks like Monday we will start a new chapter. Not the S&P one … but the merger between Tesla and Bitcoin … this is no longer a EV or Energy company. It is a Cryptocurrency company now??? :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-20/musk-inquires-about-moving-large-transactions-to-bitcoin

I came late to the Tesla party but everyday I keep finding reasons to stay … at least with a toe dipped… it is starting to look like the Marvel Universe Movies … even people that never read a comic book growing up, have seen all of the movies :thinking:

At this point Tesla is my only wildcard but for now it keep going up so let’s see what tomorrow brings. I am wondering where everyone thinks the stock will close tomorrow?

How will Tesla stock close on 21st of December?
  • Up :money_mouth_face:
  • Flat :no_mouth:
  • Down :scream:

0 voters

Good inalergy marvel universe, given the circumstances that might not be far from the truth

It won’t really produce any raw materials.

Most of the value of anything in space is the face its in space.

Sending it down to earth were its worth pretty much nothing would be a loss. (And so dangerous in any bulk it would be banned)