Extremely Slow Again! - ✅ Solved

Was so disappointed, been watching most of the day!

@David is there an update from IB or are they still looking into the delays? I’d like to specifically know about $MARK and whether there will be delays at 2.30. If not, I’m shifting elsewhere. Would rather pay a few quid for a trade than lose 100s for 15 mins delays. I know it is not 212’s fault but this has happened on most of my trades at US open. I’d like more transparency please.

Does MARK have earnings out today? After hours up to $3.50 Are you expecting a dump back to $2?

What makes you think that they will guarantee you that the problem is solved?! This has been an ongoing issue for 2 months and (NO) is not just few stocks effect pretty much all the US and past few days even the app has been down saying “No connection with the server” is this IB problem as well?

@Albert There has indeed been an ongoing issue on our end, which we’ve claimed responsibility for, however, any delay over 1-2 minutes is 100% IB’s problem.

Hi @Albert,

I personally use Limit orders during March when everything was high volume/volatility.

Obviously I had to set them before Bell, but they did amazing job in landing some awsome bargings when prices were collapsing, on some stocks Limit helped me grab bargains of lifetime, even tho I set limit buy much higher.

On opposite spectrum, now we have big green days, personally I wait on side. But anyway majority of delay can be solved by creating limit orders before the bell.

Obviously buying is more tricky because price gaps higher, but I think you can even make market order well before, however you won’t get them at open price as it will gap up…

1 Like

You must understand that sometimes is hard to pinpoint the exact problem that is causing the delay.
For example. There are a few here ( me - fortunately or unfortunately - included) that hadn’t experience problems in the last months at market open for the same stocks that some have problems with. Because of this resolving the issues is more complicated than just a push on a button.

It’s just my opinion and I accept a correction if you think i make a mistake BUT : because this are unprecedented times with extremly high or low volatily in the market, one should take in mind delays or eventual complications when starting a trade position. I don’t say you need to accept it but to understand it.

Long story short:
I hope all of you have a wonderful day forward and may all make money because in the long run this is the principal goal of everybody here :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes ER today. Looking to sell get back in before EOD.

1 Like

What price are you looking for re-entry ofc?

Anything below $2.50? Am I being greedy wanting near $2?

IB confirmed there was an issue which they’ve resolved overnight - they’re expecting no further significant delays in execution.

9 Likes

Thanks for the follow up David. :+1:

I was tryin to sell my dkng and dfs shares yesterday, but my market sell order kept processing and there was no ability to cancel also.

Lost out profits due to this when it finally executed much later.

This is happening too many times now for me to keep ignoring this, really unhappy!!

I may well sell all shares and go elsewhere if the same happens today. This is far too risky and I’ve lost money. Really fab features and I’ve made good money but timely execution is critical. Not sure what the incentive is for IB/212 to sort this out 100% given the service is free and this isn’t where you are making your money (unless CFD is facing the same issues). I appreciate your replies David and I know you are doing your best.

Thanks David - What about the connection problems see pic?

20200527_154105|236x500

We haven’t had any connectivity issues lately.

1 Like

Is anyone experiencing any delays?

1 Like

Not at all! It was blazingly fast on US open today. I had two buy stop orders set for US stocks. Market gapped up on open, immediate execution on both.

Thanks for caring and great job!

2 Likes

No issues at all David! Thanks

Happy to hear that, thanks for being patient with us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Much better today. Thanks for getting it sorted.