Extremely Slow Again! - ✅ Solved

It’s still happening… another sell order stuck processing!

Apparently tech stocks are down today: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-may-26-2020-221717356.html

1 Like

I’m just trying to be calm and collected but my mind is like buy all the things.

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 16.15.40

As David explained, the problem is with Interactive Brokers. It’s been escalated to the maximum. We’ve never blamed third parities when we’ve had internal problems.

We understand that some people are not happy, need to vent publicly, and we have to take the heat since we provide the service but too much negativity is not very constructive.

2 Likes

Can you alert us when Interactive is having issues?

Even they are still investigating what is causing the delay. It affects a very limited number of stocks so it’s not a widespread issue.

It’s a lot like chicken or the egg. I think there would be no reasonable way 212 would be able to know of a problem until said problem occurred.

As the team mentioned, IB is the issue not their platform.
Thankfully they have gotten to the root of the issue and have narrowed it down to a few stocks IB is having difficulty with.

The only other thing 212 could do is pop a notification on the thread once all has been inspected fully.

@AlexK as a result of these issues today, i have accidentally managed to place orders without having adequate funds in my account.

To give an example, lets say the initial cash balance is £500. Place an order to buy £300 worth of stock X. While the order is processing, place another order to buy £300 worth of stock Y.

The platform allowed both orders to be placed (while they were in the ‘processing’ stage), and eventually after a few minutes they both filled. Now my portfolio value is displaying higher than the account value.

P.S. In one scenario the system automatically sold one of the shares immediately after the buy order filled, with a pop-up message saying it was sold to protect against a negative balance.

There should be a Notification to Alert traders & investors of the current issue with insta buy / sell
It’s affecting all the stocks I tried to trade today …

Don’t know if it only affects a small number of stocks. At least for me, I had the same problem with $NVAX, $INO, $CODX, $AAL, …, as I can remember

As they’ve said it’s a problem with interactive brokers. I am pretty sure they are scrambling to fix it ASAP, which depends on interactive brokers finding the error. I wouldn’t like to be in the t212 offices now.

However it would be useful to get a warning message that they’re currently experiencing errors with their provider.

But other than running to interactive brokers office and kicking the CEO in the arse there is probably not much that they can do right now. This is happening at other brokers too as they said, so switching to another platform probably won’t fix it.

As this issue happened often (speaking for myself), maybe T212 would consider to look for another third party broker, if Interactive Brokers is causing problems?
Even if the fault is Interactive Brokers’s, the T212 customers suffer and as result the T212 reputation is affected.
Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Well I doubt you will find long term investors complaining on the subject. :slight_smile:

Personally have no interest to join the madness of the market :slight_smile:

I am enjoying on the sidelines, with cold Corona in hand :beer:

4 Likes

@Vedran I can’t contradict you. It is soo soothing to just stay back and relax with long term in mind rather thatn having to stress and think what would happen if there is lag during market opening, etc. :raised_hands:.
Guess today i will watch Bob and Doug. Go Elon and NASA. Pretty excited.

3 Likes

True, If It happened once in a while it was understandable, but it’s happening almost daily now, and their answer is always the same, it’s IB’s fault. And I don’t understand how anyone can defend it, if you are a long term investor, not having any trouble, then good for your, but it seems to me they are trying to make it like it is our fault somehow.

1 Like

@AlexK, I hope you understand my frustration when loosing money is involved. I would suggest to use some kind of alerts to notify the customers regarding delays in execution. This way you will avoid ‘taking the heat’ from angry customers as you did your part - informed about possible delays due to … any reason (market volatility, third parties etc.).
The product you develop and provide has big potential, but you need to improve all technical aspects and you will achieve the success which you probably didn’t even aim.
Thank you though for quick response, and thank you for creating this forum where your customers can ‘vent publicly’.

1 Like

Still happening! I’m actually anxious to invest anymore because of it! 15 minutes to process with no way to cancel…

Going to be watching the sky tonight to see if I can see it, so exciting

As for myself I had £3000 available to trade but I bought GE at 7.40 !!! instead of 7,25$ and I got stuck there for the rest of the day (GE traded all day in 7.10-7.30 range). I could sell with a loss (currently £40 loss) but I decided to wait until tomorrow maybe GE will grow a bit and I can exit with a small profit. or it can go down and I will start cursing :)))

@CavanHaganInvesting Guess the weather today was handled by Interactive brokers too :rofl::rofl: and that is why the launch was postponed. we will have to wait for the weekend for the liftoff

1 Like