Over the past 12 months, Trading 212 has grown tremendously. We’ve provided free and easy access to the financial markets to over 1 million people, removing the barriers for even the smallest investors. At the same time, there have been extreme market conditions and dramatic changes in the behaviour of retail investors.
Undergoing such transformative growth with such velocity has not always been smooth. There have been moments where due to extreme market activity, we’ve hit the limits of our systems and those of the service providers on which we depend.
This is not the way we want to serve our customers. We’ve always strived to provide the best investing experience, and we learned a lot over the past year.
That’s why we’ve decided to invest big and focus our resources on dramatically improving the quality of our service.
Our top priority is to ensure a great experience for each of our 1.4M customers.
Here’s what we are doing to improve the core of Trading 212:
- Platform stability at extreme loads - we’ve already increased our capacity x3. Next target - x10.
- Fast and holistic customer service - our customer care team is expanding significantly, and the new recruits are going through a comprehensive training program.
- Faster payment processing - we are working with our partners to automate everything we can.
- Faster dividend payments through more automation of corporate event handling.
- Optimisation of many back-office processes that are invisible to the clients but are crucial for the operations to run smoothly.
- Investments in talent - we’ve hired 75 people in the past two months, and we’ll keep expanding all our teams.
At the same time, we will continue delivering great new platform features. We’ll share more on that in another post.