Free Share Question

Hi All,
I used a link from another user to open my account in order to get a free share- but it doesnā€™t appear to have tracked, Iā€™ve given it a couple of weeks.
Iā€™ll admit I did use the link then downloaded the app- is that correct or should I have downloaded it first?
No doubt Iā€™ve perhaps done something wrong- but thought Iā€™d ask before giving up on the idea altogether!
Kind Regards

Welcome. Have you checked in with whom you borrowed the link if they got a free share on their side?

Also - I think you need to deposit at least a pound, have you tried that?

When will I get my free share?

You will get your free share within 3 business days after your friend has verified and funded their Trading 212 Invest/ISA account with the Minimum Deposit.

Hi there, thanks for the kind welcome :slightly_smiling_face:
I canā€™t find out from the other person as it was a popular YouTuber- therefore I think they only get so many before they donā€™t receive any more free shares, and just the person using the link gets one- I imagine thousands have used their links!
Yep Iā€™ve over Ā£250 on the market, I think I opened with something like Ā£50 so that shouldnā€™t be a problem.
Thanks for the response :+1:

Ah ok, you should have had your free share by now. Probably best requesting help through the app. Feel free to let us know what you get. I got 3x Under Armour, 1x Royal Dutch Shell, and 1x National Grid.

Also there is a (legal) country requirement for free share campaign. Not sure where you are from but the campaign is limited to:

The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein or The Netherlands.

https://www.trading212.com/en/Invite-a-Friend-Terms

Hi there thanks for the response :slightly_smiling_face: help in the app? Iā€™ll do that, many thanks for reading

Good thinking kali- this is the reason I asked here first! I am from uk but good thinking :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for the reply

@st182 The promo is indeed still ongoing. I will send you a DM for more information in regards to your personal case.

@Michael.P does the free share also work for EU countries or is it only a UK thing? Myself, I donā€™t have the referral link to send to friends to get a free share in the app.

Why I dont have that function?

@HyThor @Alex.Santos Currently the promo is active in the following countries - The United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein or The Netherlands.

New countries are being added so make sure you check our app for updates.

2 Likes

My account is from Malta. :frowning:

All sorted- Michael kindly contacted me and I have a share on its way :+1:
Thanks again all, Iā€™ve had a look around the forum and seems like a useful resource- think Iā€™ll be hanging around.
Thanks again :grinning:

Hi Dan
Iā€™m a new UK user looking to setup an account and saw from your posts that you have set one up recently. Would you recommend this platform for ISA investment so far? If so, can you send me a friend invite so we both get the free shares to start with?
Thank you
Paul

Hey Paul, just going to get you a link quickly for you, maybe a bit cheeky of me :crazy_face: absolutely though, best platform by far, even so called ā€œFreetradeā€ (aka Feetrade) charges fees for opening an ISA :man_shrugging:t4: Hope you enjoy the platform! (You donā€™t need to use my link, you can wait on Dan if you like :))

Do you want to get a free stock share worth up to ā€ŽĀ£ā 100?

Create a Trading 212 Invest account using this link www.trading212.com/invite/FMA82Gus and we both get a free share!

Thank you Cavan, Iā€™ve signed up using your link. I will perhaps be investing some money very soon. :slight_smile:
Paul

1 Like

Thank you, really appreciate it. Hope you get something good! Wishing you all the best with your investing, if youā€™re into YouTube to help learn more about investing feel free to check mine out:

Other good channels who use Trading 212 off the top of my head are:
Euan Copeland
Paul Briscoe
Panda Boss
Inkmatic
Trading with CJ
Dwall Does Dividends
Iain Geddes
Infant Investors

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for that Cavan, very useful indeed. :+1:

Hi there,
Apologies very late to the party!
Iā€™d highly recommended the platform- very easy to use and the pie function is really useful especially for small volume purchases. Unfortunately Iā€™ve no experience with the isa side of things, so unsure of the specifics there, maybe others could help with that :+1:
No worries with sharing your link Cavan I was incredibly slow on the uptake here :laughing:
Good luck with your investments marspd :+1: all the best

Hi, seems like the list of countries from your quote is different to the countries listed on the link?