Frustrated with a lack of ETFs and Funds on Platform in Pounds Sterling

CEO quoted it on the latest Crowdcube raise.

Edit here you go @Philby

Hey, they definitely slowed down adding new requested stocks, as I too have requests dating back two months now. There is probably a lot going on behind the scenes that we donā€™t know of, but hopefully you wonā€™t have to migrate over somewhere else because they will get everything they are working on sorted and the new stocks will come rolling in :+1:

Thereā€™s a lot to look forward to

(and then corrected)

1 Like

Thank you Donald - so instant trades will still be free, do you think, for non-AIM stocks?

Trades for US stocks arenā€™t free at the moment anyway. But for FTSE stocks I think itā€™s really hard to say. We will have to see.

Hmmmā€¦UnFreeTradeā€¦
Shame they have to tinker by freemiuming around.

As far as I understand they are only adding IPOs (I am glad that at least they add IPOs :slight_smile:), which is why some users such as the opening post may be a bit annoyed. Most people, including me, have pending requests, I guess that is just how it is.

Maybe it would be useful if they did add a few stocks each week, even if it is 20 stocks, instead of the previous 200, to try and keep the process going and keep some of these users happy.

I understand your frustration too. Weā€™ve been ages for the cloud computing ETF - itā€™s the most liked post on this forum but they continue to ignore it for some reason.

Thereā€™s a paucity of investment trusts and decent UK etfs on T212 and the situation never seems to change. That said, FreeTrade comes out really badly in a straight comparison with T212. Thereā€™s tons more shares on T212 and the costs are better - an ISA with T212 is free but Ā£36 / year with FreeTrade.

I like ETFs, but at the prices they currently are sitting at, it begs whether they are worth the capital.
Strongly considering buying individual stocks right now as the payoff seems much better.
Of all of the ETFs right now, the only ones which seem half tempting would be some of the REIT ones, but even they might have a long way to go until prices get back up.

Nice 10% drop and I could toy with adding a few grand on each, :crossed_fingers:

problem is that they move deadlines very often so even this may not be the final deadline. I canā€™t give you precise features that they have moved before, but that has already happened plenty of times

Depends which ETFs youā€™re talking about. Vanguard S&P 500 is charging 0.07% as an example.