Greatland Gold plc (GGP)

I am not an expert nor part of the team so I do not know. What I can say is that I put in a limit order before the 8am “auction” and another one before the 2pm one and they both went through at the correct time. They were not massive amounts of shares/money though.

Having said that, I think you probably have to be pretty lenient with the limit price as the spread is quite large (read the previous posts above) and as such my “tight” limit order from yesterday (only about 0.25p above the indicated share price) did not go through and I had to amend it this morning prior to the “auction”.

Grabbed some yesterday, but about 1p more than I could have when my limit was triggered, yet it stayed as “pending” for ages. I later just opened a new trade and cancelled the other. Wasn’t instant, but it went through eventually.

Willing to let the 1p off if tomorrow is good! :sunglasses::rofl:

Mine is not a large amount. I manage to buy £50 worth yesterday and I’m trying to buy another £50 now (or 45 mins ago). The current buy price is 9.21. My limit was 8.91 and it triggered when It went down to 8.85. It said ‘processing’ but now it doesn’t even say that! Should I just cancel and put a market order on before 4.30?

It does not appear to be instant, at least not for limit orders. All of mine have appeared as “pending” until the “auction” time when they have gone through. (Except the one that did not go through and which I had to replace)

Ah well. I’ve just cancelled the order and put on a Market order. Fingers crossed it goes through and the price doesn’t shoot up first. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve stuck to market buys, I’ve many a post at the frustration of trying to buy. It was originally going through at auction times, then T212 made them instantish, then rolled it back, and then made instantish again. Monday had an issue where they were going through and confirmed but weren’t executing. From speaking with @David that requires a labour intensive contacting the exchanges to find out why. Yesterday was fine again and I made a four market buys throughout the day taking between 30seconds and five minutes to execute.

Here’s another thread with me pulling my hair out trying to buy.

and another thread

The closing price of today (29/04/20) is 9.00 pence according to the T212 App.

Please vote on the expected GGP closing price of tomorrow 30/04/2020:

  • 0-2p
  • 2-6p
  • 6-9p
  • 9-11p
  • 11-13p
  • 13-15p
  • 15-20p
  • More than 20p

0 voters

Just to note this is the first poll I make. I have tried to set the closing time of the poll to 7:59AM tomorrow, hopefully it Works.
Please vote prior to seeing the results of the report. I believe it is to be released tomorrow but it may be released early in the morning in Australia, which is tonight in Europe.

Good luck to all! :slight_smile:

Sounds frustrating mate.

I really don’t know what to do now though. I cancelled the Limit Order and placed the Market Order at 16:27. It is showing in Pending but the price is blank (well, just a hyphen). It is also past the 16:35 auction time so should I expect something to happen?



@phildawson I saw your post :slight_smile:
I also saw your posts on the GGC thread on FT, whilst I was doing some research on the stock haha.
Hopefully it works out!
We will have to wait and see. I bought quite late as it took me some time to do some basic research, so my average price is 9pence and I have not bought alot, just a small amount to keep me interested.

Edit: I saw you voted for 3 options, I was expecting people to only vote for 1 really to see how close we are to the actual result :slight_smile:.

Let us know if you manage to get through in the end. Probably best to invest half in market buy and half in limit order and hope that at least half goes through.

Considering that it is now 16:40, probably best not to amend any orders.

I won’t amend anything now but is my order still “in the system” even though it is now 16:44?

lol yes it’s been very painful seeing it at ~6p and not being able to buy. :grimacing:

Got just shy of 50,000 shares at ~7.67 in the end. Not exactly what I wanted to pay for them, but profit anyway.

@Wonker your buy didn’t go through. You can cancel if you wish and your reserved money will go back into available funds. Who knows what the starting price will be.

Is that 100% mate? My order definitely hasn’t gone through so I should just cancel?

A bit disappointed to be honest.

Thanks anyway.

If you leave it pending and don’t cancel it’ll attempt at 8am tomorrow, like if you do an out-of-hours buy.

I had the same position where I was trying to buy this Monday and couldn’t get a single buy to go through, from speaking with @David buys that day were going through as confirmed but for whatever reason it wasn’t executing it. I then cancel after it failed and place an out of hours in the evening and it went through just after 8am.

I see, so I run the risk of buying at massively inflated price if the market price goes through the roof at 8am tomorrow?

Think I should cancel as I don’t have the funds if that happens.

Thank you.

Well it’s all supply and demand. If the news turns out tonight confirms they are sitting on millions of Oz of high grade gold then people will be buying to get a slice of it so the buy price could start quite high and go up as people rush to get onboard. If you have fewer funds available than it would cost to buy at the price it will automatically cancel the buy. So if you were buying a 1000 @ 9p and can £100 of funds, it would reject if it went higher than 10p. But if you had £150 of funds it would go through even though it’s 6p higher than you wanted.

I think it could roller coaster up to 15p, then down a couple p as some cash in, then up again. :man_shrugging:

Thanks for all your help mate. I may as well keep the order there then. I’ve only got enough for £50 worth in my account so there’s no risk.

Thanks again.


@Wonker, if the report is released in Australian time it will probably be out at some point tonight so you may be able to read it before 8am, giving you time to cancel your order if necessary (if it turns out bad) or leaving it to try your luck (if the results are good).

One thing that’s confusing to me though is that if there are set times when trades are made how come there seems to be trades all through the day:


I really am a novice. :blush:

On another broker I used, market buys for this stock go through at any time you place them during market open hours. So the auction thing here seems to be an idiosyncratic T212 route.