How come U.K. stocks all red?

I’m literally writing to you from my mom’s basement. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Hey now. Don’t drag our moms into this. Nobody wins that argument. :joy:

2 Likes

Well I do as I don’t know mine :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Diageo and Fever-Tree are both up on good numbers.
But maybe I am the only one who looks at ‘boring’ profitable businesses.

Love Diageo, in for long term. Didn’t even realise earnings was out! Show’s how on top I am. Dividend increase, nice. Imagine how they’ll perform once Europe’s bars and restaurants open up!

Legal and General is doing really well

1 Like

To be honest I knew it was coming up but hadn’t kept my eye on the ball, my UK stocks are mostly fine for now, not adding much other than 2 ETFs. But I was waiting and enjoyed reading SBUX earning release this week, and lucky for me the market gave me a great discount yesterday to add more.

Which ETFs do you have?

FCSS, Fidelitys China focus one, bullish on China and in ISA cant own the stocks they invest in (other than BABA) and then ESPO VanEcks gaming based one, again it gives me exposure to some stocks I cant own directly in ISA and I am bullish on gaming too.

1 Like

Better to view the Profit/Loss as % then it’s irrelevant on how much you have at stake. Generally I have a Stop Loss of 10% but longer term can be higher if you believe in the stock, at the minute as per other posts, everything is down. SPACs for instance are all down at the moment, some almost back to NAV (launch price of $10) no reason to panic. If it’s investment for Dividends, ignore it. :grinning:

1 Like

oil is going to be down until the lockdown is over and vaccine rolled out among the first world another outbreak in china is currently weighing on demand. i am in the same boat with bp but the dividend is strong with this company also it will go back up in a few months when the vaccine is done. just have to be patient.

I cant comment on tabaco

1 Like

BP is a good rebound play IMO, but not good if worried about volatility, sounds like you like me are happy to ride it out. I think having oil exposure like BP in a portfolio is wise personally, and BP is one of the better ones in my opinion.

Yeah BP has actually been doing really well. A few weeks ago i was up £20. Hoping it will pick up again. What are your thoughts on Shell?

Exactly the same for me haha

Everything 10% off all stocks must go :joy:

I agree I have gone big on BP and Shell with the discounts offered on these stocks right now.

1 Like

Which do you prefer BP or Shell?

BP marginally just because they have made some cost cutting moves and have spoke more about a greener future, however I feel both are currently undervalued at the moment!

1 Like

@Mr.Trade I’ve only just started and my account has always had a reddish colour. Don’t worry, it’s a long haul.

I used to own both, but sold Shell and put it into BP as I felt BP was better choice for me, and didnt want to keep on top of 2 companies in oil space research wise.

Just buy the dip, diamond hands my friend.