Investors living in The Netherlands

Found it and added it to the list :wink:

1 Like

So any dividend taxes paid (no matter if 25% or 15% etc. and where) can be fully subtracted at the end of the year from my income taxes? Or does this only work for withholding by Dutch companies?

It depends on the treaty the Netherlands closed with the specific country where you received the dividend. I would advise to ask a professional, because there are so many rules. I added a link (not affiliated or getting cash from them, but i want to know too :wink:

But my advise stands, when in doubt ask a professional.

Hi, I recently moved to NL from UK, is there a capital gains tax here in NL for investment portfolios? I heard that anything * saved * over Eur 30,000 is taxed by the NL government or something along those lines?

Yes, that is called Heffingsvrij vermogen. ā‚¬ 30.846 for a single person. If you live together with a partner, the amount is doubled. Value above those levels are taxed with 30% in box 3

There plans to raise it to ā‚¬ 400.000 because less and less people save money, but I donā€™t know what the status is and if it only applies to save money and not investments.

2 Likes

Kan iemand mij dit resultaat uitleggen?

Dat is waarschijnlijk een positie in een andere valuta. Bij resultaat moet je koers EURUSD etc meerekenen. Dat wordt helaas (nog) niet goed weergegeven. Volgens mij gaan ze dat in toekomst wel verbeteren.

Ik heb zelf bv een positie in een brits aandeel. Qua koers staat positie in de plus, alleen koers EURGBP geeft nu nog negatief resultaat.

Thanks voor je antwoord, het leek me een groot verschil, maar nu ik het heb nagerekend klopt het :slight_smile:

1 Like

Het kan behoorlijk oplopen. EURUSD is flink omhoog gegaan laatste weken.

ja klopt, een bhoorlijk stijgende lijn!

I think just take the sum of all the dividend taxes paid to the US in euros (and round up in this case as youā€™re allowed to do that). I donā€™t know if they do anything with foreign dividend taxes paid but at least the dutch dividend taxes paid will be subtracted from your ā€˜vermogensā€™ tax. But I myself am too poor to be paying any ā€˜vermogensā€™ tax so I donā€™t know if I get the dutch dividend tax back or what happens. Would be nice if somebody with more tax knowledge helped

Depends if you had dividends in 2019. I started using T212 in February 2020, so I need it next year. Best is to ask @Team212 where you can find a statement how many tax is paid on foreign dividends. At brokers like DEGIRO you will get a report at the end of the year.

Dear investors in NL:

1. What is your Account preferred currency?
    a.EUR
    b.USD
  2. What is your preferred form of Adding Funds?
  3. What is your preferred way of withdrawing funds?

1 EUR
2 iDEAL
3 Not done yet

1 Like
  1. EUR
  2. iDEAL
  3. Not done yet

en welkom :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. EUR
  2. iDEAL
  3. was my debet card, but want it to the same account as iDEAL (takes about 3-4 workdays).
1 Like
  1. EUR
  2. Credit card
  3. Credit card

I like the fact that T212 allows charging through CC, en processing withdrawals super quickly. But since credit card payments are reversible (ā€˜storneerbaarā€™) Iā€™ve been wondering whatā€™s stopping people from just reversing a payment through their credit card company if they donā€™t like their investment returns. Or paying back their fund while keeping the return generated on their investment.

1 EUR
2 iDEAL
3 the same account as iDEAL

I made a small withdrawal and entered the same IBAN number for withdrawal that was used to make the iDEAL additions

1 Like

Received the withdrawal today on the iDeal IBAN number

1. Eur
  2. iDeal using two different banking accounts. This doesnā€™t support auto invest and my CC isnā€™t accepted.
  3. Not done yet. A reverse iDeal would be nice or a bank transfer but those are slow.