Is NIO inc worth investing?

I can see them hitting Europe sooner than we think especially with VW owning a huge part of JAC Motors

Yes, looking for to that. Specially with the new cars theyā€™ll be showing soon. The Sedan would definitely be a major hit in Europe or even hatchback/estate.
Time will tell.

1 Like

Just had a few upgrades also

4 January 2021 - CICC Analyst Jing Chang : $60
5 January 2021 - Daiwa Securities Analyst Kelvin Lau : $70
6 January 2021 - Credit Suisse Analyst Bin Wang : $65

Thanks for the info Cashurkash.

More reasons to think its worth investing. Long term hold.

1 Like

At this point the 50p coins become art/relics which is an asset of itself we wonā€™t get into.

Gold and silver have intrinsic value though as theyā€™re used in society in our phones, computers etc. Bitcoin doesnā€™t have intrinsic value.

I just canā€™t find any reason that makes it a logical investment. All the facts and figures surrounding Bitcoin are self driven, self propelled, and stuck within Bitcoins own ecosphere. As opposed to being an asset with real value and utility.

I want to invest in it, but I just canā€™t see how it wouldnā€™t be gambling.

And private digital assets (commonly known as digital currencies) have a potential huge political risk. Governments could ban or restrict the private DC, like China does.

Various Central Banks are testing CBDC and blockchain, when they come to reality, the private DC could simply be banned by the countries. More faster if the private DC became too big and threat the monetary sovereignty.

Digital currencies also have security riskā€¦

Itā€™s because itā€™s a digital assets mate you canā€™t get your head around it

If by ā€˜youā€™ you mean everyone collectively, then yes I would agree. That is the issue. There is no fundamental driving force, logic or arguament that I can find that indicates Bitcoin as a sensible long term investment.

1 Like

Or even like the US did with Facebookā€™s crypto. Regulations came crashing down hard there.

Hahaha your arguing with yourself about it :wink: lol I love it and use it daily and send friends and family money via it as itā€™s cheaper faster and when cashing it out you can stick 3% on top again so quids in

Thatā€™s the thing with btc. It canā€™t be stopped

Canā€™t be stopped or wonā€™t be stopped? If countries ban its use, acceptance or go one step further and revert to it being money laundering we could all face having our crypto seized as a state asset.
Just because they havenā€™t done it doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t do it.
The block chain already links the crypto to you as a person now which it didnā€™t before, this gives government bodies the ability to track and trace. This then means they can seize it as an asset as they can with any other asset.

Thereā€™s means and ways to navigate all that stuff using tumblers etc. I had my bank accounts closed for buying and selling btc here in the uk stating that I was money laundering so it most certainly is happening here already

And it canā€™t be stopped because of the blockchain. Itā€™s been attempted lol

Ah nah, arguing with the logic. I just simply canā€™t find any logic or reason that says its a good investment opportunity. Figures on itā€™s use arenā€™t really a good reason if itā€™s a self driven, self propelled machine. Thereā€™s no fundamental logic behind it so therefore no fundamental logic to expect it to continue. It seems all arguments people have for Bitcoin have been created by Bitcoin and are contained within the Bitcoin ecosphere. As I said, itā€™s like itā€™s acting as judge jury and executioner; or similar to how the Bible folk say that the Bible is true because it says so in the Bible.

If somebody could show me some reason that backs Bitcoins growth, Iā€™d be all over it. As the gains seen recently are huge. Illogical and insane and without reason. But huge.

Theoretically it can be forked and the fork becomes the new blockchain. Extremely unlikely, but that would be one way of stopping it.

2 Likes

Love this quote :heart: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You can create a fork but the original blockchain is still there as it is now after a few hard forks already.

There is no single entity that controls Bitcoin so there is no judge jury and executioner involved. Anyone can download a bit of coded software and run the script to mine btc and transact with it. Itā€™s simply a public ledger of transactions between addresses. You preform a transaction and it replicates it to everyone thatā€™s connected on the blockchain.

Hope this helps;

https://codeburst.io/the-science-of-bitcoin-explained-in-the-simplest-way-1d2957c794e3

Personally and I donā€™t want to create any animosity in saying this but, the bible is stories from way back when and none can be confirmed as being true. People believe itā€™s true but thatā€™s their own beliefs. If it was on a blockchain it could be verified

I know itā€™s unowned, but I was trying to make an analogy to the majority of arguaments for holding Bitcoin seem to be self generated from Bitcoin. As in, I could make a new crypto in the morning and say ā€˜look! There are only 100 coins in circulation, so theyā€™re worth 1 million each!ā€™ Likewise, the supply and demand is self driven for no reason, so thatā€™s what I mean by judge jury and executioner.

Iā€™m well in the know about Bitcoin and blockchain too! I work in a tech based job and have dabbled myself in some blockchain coding. And donā€™t get me wrong, I do love Bitcoin as a concept. The part that Iā€™m having trouble with is Bitcoin as an investment opportunity. Should this be a tech forum and not an investing forum, my conversation would be much different. I love the tech.

Letā€™s not go there :grin: Cryptojesus.

The point Iā€™m making again is fundamentalist Christians are often cyclical in their arguaments. ā€˜the Bible is true because it says so in the Bibleā€™. Bitcoin as an investment is the same. It has no intrinsic value like gold backing it, so saying it has value because of itā€™s scarcity is fairly cyclical thinking. Just because something is rare doesnā€™t make it valuable.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: amen to that :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Well itā€™s a store of value not an investment opportunity. People see the opportunity in what it may go to with the scarcity, supply and demand.

I lost over 6 figures buying into one of those pumped up shit coins and could never get out of it.

Itā€™s a disruptive fin tech thatā€™s for sure

1 Like

This is what Iā€™d be more inclined to agree with. But even with that, I still canā€™t bridge the connection as to how it is a store of value. Gold is the traditional store of value and is used everywhere in society so that makes sense. Real estate is another store of value, and of course we all need houses. I canā€™t see why Bitcoin would be a store of value if it has no utility. Sure - it can P2P transfer wealth, but so does Revolut with a more stable currency. And soon banks will have instant fiat transfers either on or off blockchain, rendering Bitcoin with no utility at all. I just canā€™t make the connection in my head as to how itā€™s a store of value when it has no intrinsic value and nothing backing it (other than the time and electricity took to mine it).

If I was to back a cryptocurrency it would be ethereum as that does have a solid use case and decentralised apps will likely be run on that in future.

Ouch. Sorry for your loss!

Wasnā€™t a loss it was an amazing and very expensive education that didnā€™t involve spending 3 years doing a Masters or PHD!!

Think youā€™ll enjoy this explanation

Beyond price appreciation the industry agrees on very little. Crypto has always reminded me of the parable of the blind men and the elephant. Several blind men come upon an elephant and as each touches a different part of the animal ā€“ the trunk, the legs, the tail, the side ā€“ he believes it to be something different ā€“ a hose, a tree, a rope, a wall. So it is with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.

These products promise something different to everyone who encounters them. To some, crypto is about scarcity: a form of digital gold. To others, crypto is about openness: the ability for anyone to build on and contribute to and use these products without permission. For others still, itā€™s censorship resistance. Privacy. Micropayments. Global, cross-border assets. All of us blind men are holding onto a separate feature of the technology and insisting it represents something different.

2 Likes