Long wait on Dividends

This was a return of paid capital, so no taxes withheld.

Dividend was $ 4.75/share. Quite different from $0.08. I think in the table they might want to mention 8%, or 0.08. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe it’s the adjusted cost basis amount.

Se foi a mais, não faz mal. Já dá para uma mariscada. :wink:

Yes, could be also an error from MDC on their website.

The stock dividend details on the MDC website are indeed displayed wrong, until you go into the PDF detail which has the correct details. $4.75 is higher than what I estimated - it states 1/12.5th of the share price on record date for the cash value(8%).

@Team212 Can you check if the dividend for IE00B7N3YW49 has been paid. I have 2 PIMCO stocks (STHS and SSHY) which pay on the same day, but only got the dividend from STHS (IE00BYXVWC37). Maybe i am missing something.

Dividends are yet to be distributed - it usually takes a couple of days after the pay date. You’ll be notified accordingly.

You mean pay date right?

Indeed, you are right. Corrected.

Still missing IE00B7N3YW49 dividend :frowning:

Waiting on the Smurfit Kappa Dividend from the Pay Date of the 9th May.

I understand they are getting quicker (within 2 days lately) but expected it sometime today (3rd Day running).

@Team212
Could you please explain why I received a dividend per share on NESTLE amounting to CHF 1.79 while it clearly state from NESTLE website CHF 2.75?

Investment calculator | Nestlé Global (nestle.com)

1 Like

I will reach you via DM to discuss your case further.

1 Like

I might have resolved myself the question.
From the dividend part on the platform:

I will walk you through my understanding:

amount per share: XX EUR
WHT: XX%

Amount per share divided by 1-WHT

If I may suggest an option to add on the below screenshot,
The dividend per share gross and net of WHT, which would not mislead us.

2 Likes

This is a nice proposal that will be sent for consideration. I appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks ! Appreciate the quick answer and recommendation

Will I get the SKG Dividend this week? I want to get it in some shares whilst they are still low.

A little lost on the payment of the SKG dividend.

It says I got 56.21p per share but according to various sources even with the Withholding Tax (guessing there is for Irish Companies) and Conversion Rate (€1.16 per £1), I should have gotten at least gotten between 70 to 65p per dividend. Maybe 60p at the bottom estimate. (The Div was 87.5 euro cents per share).

Can you explain why the Dividend is 56.21p @Team212 ??

Hey @Venetia1993

The Irish tax on dividend is 25 %. We’ve replicated the exact same charges applied to us by IB, upon distributing the dividend in question.

Nonetheless, if you need any further clarification do not hesitate to PM me or submit a ticket with your query, via this form -Submit a request – Trading 212 where the team will assist you accordingly.

Annoyingly, Irish dividends do have 25% withholding. The Ireland-UK tax treaty allows only 15%. In principle you can apply to the Irish tax authorities for refund of the 10% but I guess only shareholders with large dividends do that. When computing UK tax you can only take a foreign tax credit for 15% Irish tax despite the fact you have actually paid 25%. I view this as a reason to think twice before investing in Irish companies. I have one, Medtronic.

(ii) Where a resident of a Contracting State is entitled to a tax credit in respect of
such a dividend under sub-paragraph (b) of this paragraph tax may also be
charged in the other Contracting State and according to the laws of that other
Contracting State, on the aggregate of the amount or value of that dividend and
the amount of that tax credit at a rate not exceeding 15 per cent.

See here about reclaim

3 Likes

No worries but it sadly doesn’t mention it in the description.

Guessing this is an error but it needs to be corrected.

Still bullish on Smurfit Kappa but I guess being on the LSE meant it distrubuted in the Pound Currency over the Euro in my mind.

1 Like