Most wanted features Survey (Reloaded)

I see your point. I was thinking 25% to take bigger risks as its free cash and keeping the rest in something safer like an index tracker.
You also have to remember that 25% is going to be worth less, when you come to retire or buy a house due to inflation if you kept it as cash.

2 Likes

still waiting for the extended hours on US exchanges :expressionless:

5 Likes

A very valid point.

ā€¦

Iā€™m still a student so I havenā€™t had any experiences with pensions yet, just from my point of view thatā€™s how I see it. Iā€™m assuming that if you want employer matched contributions etc. the money MUST go in a workplace pension or SIPP, then I understand. But from a purely mathematical standpoint the LISA seems like the better option from what I can see, havenā€™t looked into the tax relief much, so maybe that makes it similar. But if the LISA is mathematically better, then that would suit most people who only sacrifice 5-15% if their income each year. Eg. Ā£25K would be Ā£1,250-Ā£3,800 as they wonā€™t go over the limit anyway. But Iā€™m just rambling, I donā€™t actually know whatā€™s better, I havenā€™t had the need to look into it yet. So I donā€™t know why Iā€™m trying to argue when Iā€™m probably wrong :joy:

1 Like

yes your right it has to go into a work place pension but when you leave you can move your pension to where ever you wantā€¦
Idearly you contrabute to your pension, that gets the highest contrabition out of your compnay (e.g you put in 5% they put in 5% ) and do a LISA - As there is more free money there to be had as well.
Thats my thoughts on this topic anyway.

2 Likes

Did you see Freetrade have just announced a SIPP account coming December.

2 Likes

Yes, I have seen it.

Funny enough I currently have SIPPs in interactive investor, HL and previously had a SIPP in AJB. Essentially all mentioned companies there. Its not that hard ā€œto beatā€ those companies as they are running on ancient software.

I donā€™t want to go into details since itā€™ll be off topic here but there are so many plain out ā€œwrongā€ things in Interactive Investor, it is surreal that company is able to sell that SIPP product (and I think they are then 2nd biggest SIPP provider in UK)

Ā£9.99 For free trade plus + Ā£7 for SIPP thatā€™ll cost Ā£17 per month flat (II is Ā£19 a month) but Iā€™m not worried about ā€œmostā€ flat fees. The percentage fees are where my itching begins. All fees on HL are percentage (with upper limits) FX fees are 1.5% with no upper limit, II annual fees are flat but they also charge 1.5% FX fee, free trade is also charging 0.45% FX fee. So we will see what Trading212 will offer. Iā€™ll need to keep one SIPP elsewhere for access to HKG market, and thatā€™ll probably be my HL Sipp.

With the 1.5% fx fee + Ā£10 trade fee for an average Ā£1000 trade, you pay Ā£25 and start your battle 2.5% behind the market. it is painful.

6 Likes

Thanks for point this out - My experiance with Freetrade has been bad. There has been so many times where i am told try again later. So i have stopped using it.

RE: New charting specific features

I think adding charting features should be put at a lower priority to other app features and brokerage services.

My argument for this is that those who want them, are very likely using another tool (TradingView, TrendSpider, etc) which, respectfully, the disparity in feature sets is long and significant.

It would be better to improve the execution side of things, such as like API access for position history and advanced order types - thereby locking in users to T212 and then over time add to the charting to bring it up.

2 Likes

multicurrency please

This Amazing feature request didnā€™t make the list above???

Abomination

1 Like
Can you also add this please?
  • Extended hours trading

0 voters

1 Like

I have unfortunately forgotten a few of them ā€œExtended hours tradingā€ being probably one of the most important. Iā€™ve posted the list in admin forum before posting it to public, wish someone had reminded me, sorry :frowning:

Unfortunately you cannot edit the poll 5 minutes after posting it.

4 Likes

Just remembered the other biggie for me that wasnā€™t there: full chart histories, not just from the date the instrument was added.

But as someone else mentioned, this isnā€™t as urgent as plenty of other resources that can provide in the meantime.

6 Likes

Not having the chart history on indices is really frustratingā€¦ and itā€™s super irritating having 2018 figures.

There are several great features on this list Iā€™d love to see. Thanks for posting the survey.

My dream feature will be separating T212 UK from T212 Europeā€¦ too much UK only names, features, complexity that is 100% irrelevant and annoying to European consumers.

3 Likes

@laguiar Can you please explain a bit? I donā€™t know what you mean.

@saifali, I think @laguiar refers to things such community members requesting SIPP, LISA, etc which are very UK specific, as well as issues such as stocks not being ISA compliant (HMRC rules) and a constant comparison to FT, which does not exist elsewhere.

These things are UK specific, yet they are all over the community forum (I guess the majority of users are from the UK, with a significant number of German users) and everyone justs writes as if everyone else is aware of them, but if they do not apply to you then I guess it can be annoying to see these things being mentioned all over the place.

I can definitely understand his point and I have even thought about this in the past (even though I have an ISA).

6 Likes

Maybe a solution would be to have a ā€œUK Featuresā€ section on the community forum?

1 Like

100% accurate :clap: :clap: :clap:

and I didnā€™t mention all the extra work and bugs caused by all those UK only things.

The European platform would be much simpler, faster, stronger.

3 Likes