Most requested features survey

I have seen these features across many threads and thought that maybe if we can demonstrate just how popular they are by way of voting it may just help the team at T 212 prioritise them.

• JISA
  • LISA
  • SIPP
  • MULTICURRENCY
  • STOCK SCREENER

0 voters

7 Likes

@TsotFin Youā€™ve mentioned the bullet points and I have added some more:

• multicurrency account
  • LISA, JISA, SIPP
  • stock screener
  1. Export current holdings as csv,
    Export transaction and dividend data as csv :white_check_mark:

2. Notify gross amounts of dividends, withholding tax deducted, number of qualifying shares :white_check_mark:, and use sufficient decimal places to avoid confusion that arises from rounding. In pipeline according to statement

3. In specie transfer to and from other brokers. See here.

4. Notifications or alerts when new instruments are added

5. Move instruments in and out of pies :white_check_mark:

6. Pies within pies
    See some of the teamsā€™ plans here and here

7. Create pie from watchlist, and create watchlist from pie

8. Copy watchlist from Invest account to ISA account and vice versa

9. Sort pie holdings list by name, value, result and result (%)

10. Move to instrument details page with single press on instrument in pie holdings list

11. Toggle between ā€œ% / target %ā€ and ā€œnumber sharesā€ as shown beneath instrument name in pie holdings list

12. Delete a goal from a pie when no longer wanted. :white_check_mark:

13. Provide users with an easy way to check current exchange rates

14. Make it possible to drag mouse, copy and paste information from screen when using web platform [Interestingly, this is possible in one place already: the position history for an instrument - it is useful for copying the quantity of shares owned.]

15. Facility to roundup or rounddown a fractional share holding to a whole number

16. Provide segregated views of holdings in the same instrument that are held in and outside pies [exists in phone app, but need a way to show this in desktop, and also to know which pie(s), in case instrument is held in more than one pie]

17. Show sell price in app even when no shares have yet been purchased :white_check_mark:

18. Graphs of historic values for pies

19. Ability to open desktop and phone platforms simultaneously (Android).

20. Fix desktop app so it works in Chrome/Edge on touch screen tablet (presently impossible to perform many functions with finger press, such as changing watchlist in view - noticed on Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 2 devices.) :white_check_mark: (problems no longer apparent in new desktop app)

21. Limit orders for fractional shares

22. Remove the minimum distance requirement between a limit order price and market price :white_check_mark:

23. New notifications should be dismissed simply by opening the notification panel of phone app, rather than by requiring a press on each of them one by one. [This already happens on desktop]

24. Implement a pop up warning that profit will be affected by exchange rate on the first occasion that a user starts to buy an instrument that is not priced in their base currency.

25. Implement an automatic warning to appear if a user is setting a limit price or stop price whose effect will be to create an immediate market order. This is likely a mistake and it would be helpful to protect users from such.

26. Improve charts in various ways. Several people have requested a 5 min scale. :white_check_mark:Improve control of vertical scaling so charts are not cropped or squashed. Preserve charts settings and user annotations when swtiching between mobile and web. Provide more extensive data history, not just since instrument was added to the platform

27. Trailing stop losses in Invest and Isa accounts.

28. Dividends should be converted to base currency using exchange rate pertaining on the payment date rather than ex-dividend date. :white_check_mark:

29. Increase or remove limit of how many charts can be open at the same time on desktop. See here.

30. Improve search for stocks whose ticker is 1 or 2 characters. O, CL, FL, J etc are presently hard to find.

I am sure others can think of things that have been frequently suggested. The thing is, the list gets long very quickly. Trading 212 staff are probably keeping a list that is much longer than the above.

From memory, Trading 212 staff have written this forum that the following features are on the way: 1, 2, 3, 5 :white_check_mark:, 6, 9, 10, 12 :white_check_mark:, 14, 17 :white_check_mark:, 18, 19, 20 :white_check_mark:, 21, 22 :white_check_mark:, 28 :white_check_mark:, 29.

:white_check_mark: above note features now present on web or in Andoid app as appropriate.

It is certainly the case that many features are requested multiple times, often by community members who have not bothered to search to see if that particular feature suggestion has already been made, and if Trading 212 staff have perhaps already said that it is coming.in

24 Likes

Yeah seems like a lot of feature requests missing.

Perhaps consolidate the first three into a generic ā€˜additional productsā€™ā€¦?

@Richard.Ws list is more interesting to me.

Also what is meant by ā€˜stock screenerā€™?

1 Like

This I think is crucial, I agree with you setting it as ā€œNo 1ā€ priority :wink: . I would say that numbers 1, 2 and 3 are quite important.

As well as continueing the addition of new stocks and fractionals :smiley:.

3 Likes

1, 2,4, 8 and 18 of @Richard.Ws list please.

1 Like

What is Stock Screener?

A screener is a filter that helps find stocks with specific criteria that you want. For example, if you only want to search for stock with a P/E of less than 15, or with a growth rate of 20% or more over the last 5 years etc. It helps narrow down the stock you want to look at that meet your criteria.

5 Likes

I totally agree with you sir these are all vital. I thought if I started simple it would be easier to digest. I know most of the points you have raised are already being worked on. I will have a look at your list and hopefully come up with a better list.

Iā€™m surprised to see a stock screener polling so high. For me, I always prefer to use separate apps and sources for informationā€”not least because theyā€™re independent of any one broker.

There are so many good screeners etc out there already, thatā€™ll be hard for T212 to compete and Iā€™d like to see 'em focus on the execution side: Sipps, Lisas, multicurrency accounts, and so on.

6 Likes

Exactly, much bigger priorities for now, but would definitely be a nice addition in the future, and since all the data is there already it should work pretty well

2 Likes

Screen away on other sites but then tell me itā€™s not important when you search for the individual stock on 212 and realiseā€¦ itā€™s not there!!
A screener on 212 will identify the stocks they have available. :wink:

As we all know 212 has few stocks available compared to other screener sites.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s more or less my point. Iā€™m not wedded to any one broker, so what goodā€™s a screener that precludes so many securities? T212 has a wider range than most, but there are many, many exhanges that it does not yet cover.

Each to their own but I start from a position of working out what I want to invest in then looking at the cheapest broker that offers it or the best on balance.

For example, I hold Tencent, Chegg, HelloFresh and CD Projekt elsewhere. If Iā€™d have screened stocks based on only T212ā€™s offerings, Iā€™d have missed out on a lot of growth.

1 Like

The screener I am referring to is for use on the Trading 212 platform only and not a universal one. Like you said, there is not much point using a screener online only to find out T 212 does not have the stock. I have a screener I subscribe to but most of the stocks it has are not yet available on T 212. In time that will change but till then it will be useful to have one tailored to T 212

Also please bear in mind that these are only just requests and it does not mean the team will have to do what we ask. At the end of the day they have come this far because they know what they are doing and they will continue delivering an excellent platform.

What about python API?

1 Like

Hi really enjoying using trading 212 just wondering what new features are on the way . I seem to remember that around aug existing shares can be added to pies

2 Likes

Here is a list of popular requested features of which I think 13 have been mentioned as being on the way. Probably the team know of others which have not been requested and will be a complete surprise to us all.

1 Like

Do we have listed somewhere the ability to login to both desktop and mobile (Android) at the same time?

That should be #1.

1 Like

Good point. Though there is lots of competition for #1. I will edit it in above as #19.

1 Like

Can it be #0 instead :pray: :joy: drives me nuts

1 Like