Multicurrency account GBP/EUR/USD etc

Any progress on this? Really want this feature - I’d switch all my ISA trading with it.

3 Likes

this feature will be only for INVEST as there is a HMRC requirement stating UK ISA’s must be in GBP

1 Like

and/or for SIPP if/when that lands :wink:

2 Likes

I know that, my current account is USD, so I can’t switch my ISA which are GBP Sterling.
I also have euro to invest. Multicurrency would see me use the platform for so much more

1 Like

I see, the issue would likely still remain however that to use the ISA account you may be required to set up a new account in GBP. you can still deposit any currency, it will convert straight to GBP for your ISA account and the new feature would mean direct investing in euro’s for invest(and SIPP :wink: ) once available which will be great. Multi-currency is definitely a very useful feature for normal investing and trades, on the basis that people remember the correct tax declarations are when the profits were collected and not converted etc.

All things in good time, hopefully we can start 2021 off to a very good start with an exceedingly versatile and valuable service. I probably still wouldn’t be investing by now if not thanks to T212 offering the level of service they have so far, with promise of it only getting better. I can see my account here remaining my sole S&S ISA until at least 2035.

2 Likes

Would it be possible for Trading212 to let us know if this feature is likely to be added for Invest please

5 Likes

I agree would be a huge benefit!

4 Likes

one more that think that would be a very approved update.

3 Likes

This would be game changing! Wonder when we’ll get an update about this.

4 Likes

Hello guys…any news on this topic??

5 Likes

Any news on this feature? Is it in development?

6 Likes

An update on this would be great, I’d also like to invest in other markets and I have currency in those markets, so I don’t want to mess about with FOREX.
Update please :grin:

4 Likes

any updates? most requested feature according to the new poll.

6 Likes

Totally agree and fully support this request.
It will help to decouple stocks investment performance from forex up and downs.
Great that T212 team is working on this!
Multicurrency account will make investors invest even more, I am sure.

10 Likes

I am relatively new here but been tracking this threat since made my first sell on T212 and received some dividends from US stock on the FX decline (my account base currency is CHF). Seeing/having the FX impact when you want to reinvest again in the foreign stock of the same currency is kind of demotivating and impacts overall investing strategy.
Would very much like to see multicurrency option and hope it is on the horizon. This would definitely make the platform more interesting and would convince more investors to jump in.
@David I like your active involvement on the community. Is there any chance you could give us all some hope updates? :wink:

12 Likes

As many others here, I would really appreciate having a multicurrency account feature on T212! The majority of the stocks I invest in are in the US and my current account on T212 is in GBP. Double FX conversion are very frustrating especially with the dividend income which I tend to reinvest back to US stocks and with the selling of one stock in order to buy another when both are US based. So if a priority needs to be given to a particular currency in the multicurrency feature, please, add US currency first!

Thanks for such a great investment tool,
looking forward to it being even better!

10 Likes

@Team212 Any update on this?

15 Likes

I agree, the ability to choose your currency buy point and then choose your share buy point could be an added bonus. Currently its unlikely your currency will be of flavor at the same time the foreign stock is at its low point so you end up down on one side.
Also if you can hold the currency while you wait for the exchange to come back up it adds a boost at the end of the share sale

3 Likes

+1 for the multicurrency account feature.

8 Likes

Couple of days ago I write an email to the T212 customer support regarding of this feature. I’ve got this reply:

“Further to your inquiry, please note that such a feature is not in the current pipeline and is not yet supported. However it is definitely in the spirit of our company to move forward in that direction for the future, so stay tuned!”

This means that it is not currently in development but it is planned and will be available in the future.

The more of us requesting this feature in this topic, the sooner it gets into development. So please be active in this thread and tell all of your fellow T212 users to upvote this thread and comment to it!

9 Likes