New - Cheap stock

LCA would appear to be a good proposition, certainly better then other recent more speculative SPACā€™s (Nikola for one) due to already having a customer base and income to give investors something tangible to work with.

Certainly worth a punt but like the business itself risk vs reward is the key.

Itā€™s up since I bought it yesterday so was worth the punt :raised_hands:t2: Leaving it to ride on so Iā€™m sure it will dip again.

GNUS been great today!! Iā€™m up nearly 50%
Question is - I wonder how high this could go? :thinking:

Looking at their ā€œcontent with a purposeā€ page and all their original cartoons and huge names being involved coupled with the fact itā€™s very ā€œ21st century relevant cartoon ideasā€ empowerment/money talk for kids.

Skyā€™s the limit?

Thanks for the recommendation :hugs:

1 Like

I had $2.5 as my entry and $5 exit.

Only 350 shares on this one, really annoyingly family life interrupted my selling some when it popped near $4 earlier but thatā€™s life.

Anyway hope you make some nice cash, it has the potential to pop to double figures again. At some point Iā€™ll sell 200 shares and leave the 150 to see where it goes.

I have zero interest in the product or holding long term. :joy:

Edit think Iā€™ve just nudged lion :lion: to get onboard, should move quicker now.

Volume is insane today

1 Like

Oh dear, always at the crucial moments are when someone needs you the most :unamused:

Iā€™m happy holding out on this one, would love to get to around $7. I think theyā€™ll do good things. Iā€™m the same, I donā€™t want hold for long but long enough to see this elusive ā€œpopā€ people talk ofā€¦

Sat waiting patiently for good things.

I work with kids who watch cartoons - thatā€™s as far as my interest goes :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I still see this as a pure pump and dump stock doing round two. Donā€™t think it will but Iā€™d love if it pops 10 again. :crossed_fingers:

I really canā€™t be sure at this point what Monday will bring, but looking forward to it.

30mins left of power hour letā€™s go for four today, bit of a wall to break :stuck_out_tongue:

I must remember not to get too greedy, Iā€™m useless at taking profit. :joy:

I just need MARK now to join the party itā€™s been forever holding that.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly tempted to take my profit just before close then I can officially be part of the pump and dump gang.

I too donā€™t want to get greedy and hold for $5 now.
Never had the opportunity of being in the dilemma, who knew deciding when enough is enough?

Been looking at MARK for a while but stayed clear as I donā€™t like holding too many stocks Iā€™m not sure on.

Hereā€™s for $4 :crossed_fingers:t2:

Are LCA only open to trade at certain hours do you know? As currently all it says is ā€œthis market is closedā€ and itā€™s open US time now? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Donā€™t worry I got my answer :woman_facepalming:t2: 4th July tomorrow. Up to speed now.

@red FYI

There is a pipeline of 10 more ā€œPlastic Parksā€ that will be developed by Powerhouseā€™s partner, Peel Environmental. Into the commercial phase now.

Iā€™m not too worried. Theyā€™re currently going from strength to strength.

2 Likes

@CeeGee the first plastic park is in development but the next 10 are just ideas for the moment. It will be interesting to see if Peel can make gasification work from non-recyclable plastic waste - my guess is that it wonā€™t be economically competitive with traditional waste to energy plants (from 15 years of experience of working in this sector). It isnā€™t even decided if they will produce electricity or hydrogenā€¦either way they will need subsidies (or be prepared to take losses).

None of which changes the point that it wonā€™t be considered as clean/green as blue hydrogen.

@red Iā€™m happy to see where it goes :slightly_smiling_face: I like what they stand for and I like where they are trying to head.

Everything is a gamble, would be great to predict the outcome but Iā€™m also down with taking a punt.

Question - if gasification has been tried and failed so many timeā€™s why would they be trying again? Surely there must be something in their pioneering process? Something different to the rest?

There is nothing new with the Powerhouse system other than they have said that they might add hydrogen conversion at the end, though Iā€™m pretty sceptical about that as it will make the gasification even more inefficient and expensive.

People persist with gasification because they forget the lessons already learned, they think they have the key to make it work, they think there will be subsidies etc - delete as appropriate.

The reality is that gasification has never worked on unclean waste streams. You can make it work if you can guarantee a ā€œcleanā€ waste input but that means you need to do work pre-processing the waste input (which costs money and ultimately if you can make the waste plastic input clean enough then why would gasify it and not recycle it?). It just doesnā€™t make any sense environmentally or financially. Even if you get it to work you end up with a dirty syngas (methane and carbon monoxide) which needs further processing to clean it to even make clean methane let alone hydrogen - again more expense and process inefficiency.

If you want hydrogen there are easier and cleaner ways to produce it (eg blue hydrogen from renewables electrolysing water). If you want to treat plastic waste then either recycle it, convert it into new plastic monomers or if the waste stream is really impure then burn it and recover the energy.

Itā€™s your cash to burn (literally) but having worked in the waste sector for over 15 years Iā€™ve seen too many companies try and fail to use gasification with no success. This appears to try and hook people in with the lure of hydrogen (which isnā€™t even a core offering in the process) without any guarantees that the core gasification will work environmentally or economically.

1 Like

What do you think PHE will climb too? Itā€™s been steady in the green for good few days now. Nice to see.

Same goes for GGP.

Both recommendations on this thread (both I went away and looked at independently)

Still a newbie when it comes to leaving it to climb instead of cashing out as I donā€™t want to do that with either of these too.

As long as you havenā€™t invested more than youā€™re willing to lose, these are set and forget for me. Maybe one day you wake up and theyā€™ve turned you a tasty profit.

2 Likes

Exactly what happened to me with Eurasia donā€™t know the price of buy out or if it will happen but probably will the way the deal seemed to of gone down during a pandemic haha! I think newcrest will eventually buy ggp, makes sense in my eyes they invested now they know whatā€™s there etc can weigh up options and buy

1 Like

I donā€™t think Newcrest will. Theyā€™ll just buy them out of Havieron. Itā€™s much cheaper.

True, hopefully they find more :1st_place_medal:

Just an affordable amount. I donā€™t have the nerve nor want to invest anything that makes me feel too uneasy. Iā€™m a careful risk taker :wink:

Ah Iā€™m not very good (yet) at the old set and forget logic.

Now that would be a great morning!

Aim is so leave and check less often.

Yeah surely Newcrest will just buy them out of the site at Havieron (when the time hopefully comes) giving Greatland more money to explore other options? Other areas.

I mean I donā€™t know really Iā€™m just guessing after all Iā€™ve read.

If that does actually happen then the shares will have risen because they found what they were looking for? So selling is the goal but I would potentially buy into this company again. Who knows. Very speculative.

My aim is to feel more confident in my stock so I donā€™t need to check it so regularly, then I fear Iā€™ll miss something important.

#catch22

Lol, if you find a way PM me.
I have to brainwash myself most mornings that things will be ok and I donā€™t need to check them every hour on the hour lmao! :laughing:

1 Like